Wow, walmart customer service is sweet.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FordTruckGuySTX, Jun 9, 2006.

1. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    I got an old crappy quantum profile baitcaster almost 7 years ago and it only lasted about a dozen trips channel catfishing. Well I had it put up in the box for spare parts and dug it out recently and figured what the heck, I put it in a bag and took it to Walmart with reciept and told them the deal, No questions asked they told me to go get another reel and I went to sporting goods. I was gonna get the lightning rod/6000 Garcia combo but I spotted the AB 7000 which was marked down to 79 from the usual 100 and grabbed one, paid the difference and was out the door. now THAT is great customer service if I have ever saw it. And not to mention at this walmart all the Abu Garcias where marked down from 10-25 bucks so you guys might wanna check it out.

2. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    That wouldn't happen at our WalMart. Congrats on getting them to do anything nice nowadays. LOL

3. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i wish my wal mart was that COOL! man i could give bace more zebco reels that i know are really bad. your lucky!

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Although seven years is a bit long, I've never had a problem with wally world taking anything back, sometimes even if I bought it elsewhere. What's not nice about WM is that the customer service is a real pain in the rear. Long lines and surly employees, and noone around to make a decision about sticky points. Recently took back a car battery, they didn't stock the same battery anymore, so had to get another. It was more expensive, but the same warranty. Had to argue with them that it wasn't my fault they stopped stocking the battery that was supposed to go in the car. After a bit of badgering, I got my battery at no extra charge and, it fit the battery tray better too.

5. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    They have the best return policy in the world, but it's not them that are eating the loss when you take something back that they can't put back on the shelves and resell. They ship it back to the manufacturer and the manufacturer covers any losses.

6. polecatter

polecatter Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    "They ship it back to the manufacturer and the manufacturer covers any losses."

Which in turn we "the customers" <end users> pay for by price increases!!

Larry

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Not really.

Wal-Mart tells the manufacturers how much they'll buy their products for, and they tell them that they're going to eat the cost of any returns, in the name of "customer satisfaction."

There's not much negotiation involved; if you want Wal-Mart to carry your products, you go to Benton, AR, and sit in a little blue room and a buyer comes in and tells you exactly what they'll pay you. Take it or leave it; there's a hundred more companies just like yours waiting to get into that little blue room.

Wal-Mart is the devil.

8. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    If anyone ever has a problem returning something to a walmart well try harder. I work at a walmart over night here in lewisville they will take back anything. Ive seen stuff they took back that says "dollar genral" on the front or has a sticker with the name of another store. I even know of a time a CSM took back a metal detecter that had a rusted old pipe in it and she even opend it the customer said it came like that well she gave them there money. They say customer is always right, dont accept them telling you no ask for the store manger then ask him for the district mangers number they will be on there knees for you.

9. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    I buy reels and things at Bass pro shops (cuz i have the reward program so i get points for everything i buy) then if i dont like it i just take it back to walmart to get a better reel and pay the diffrence, i get the points from bass pro and i get a good reel for only a few extra bucks out of pocket, oh and If you have the rewards program ive noticed they give you more points for rods and reels. :big_smile:

10. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    I feel that because Wal Mart has such a generous return policy, customers tend to abuse it as well. I would never had returned something years later I bought there after I used it.

Sorry, just my opinion..unpopular as it may be.

11. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    No reason for apologizing for being honest. Your reward program is obviously on a higher plateu.

12. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas

Excellent post Helen.
    I've already gave you rep points.

If anyone has to lie when making a return or returning something to Walmart or any other store that you didn't buy it from... to me, that is no different than stealing.

13. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    The Walmart on Drake here in Huntsville has that going too. Was going to pick up a 7000 for $79, then saw the 6500C3 for $54. Then the 6600 High Speed for $64. Got totally confused as to what I really wanted and walked out without anything to take thetime to think it over.

14. Cat King

Cat King New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hope my walmart gets that way

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Some returns just aint right.
    besides, I cant stand to return things. I barely stand it to buy things. I aint a people person. LOL Lines bother me a little. Less I'm in a store, better I am. LMAO

-------------------------------------------------
    Also
    I have bought stuff from wal mart to get it home and its a used item inside box.
    Some will open and put old item in box and reseal and return, never looks open. Also know of others who have bought at pawn shops and returned for new.

The blue room part, even though it seems cheap price, I promise , price is still passed on to customer's in many ways.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    But, I haven't been an angle all my life. Older I get, more I see things differently, for the better I hope. LOL

16. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Exactly, olefin.

17. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Honestly I didnt read that much into it he said he brought a receipt with the story to the person. He didnt say that he brought in a pole that he didnt buy there.

I would agree that taking something to return that you didnt buy there is wrong tho.

18. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    Walmart gets it 5 ways from Sunday! The can hire many unskilled part timers, many of the "resident aliens" pay them a minimum wage for which those workers then go and get their entire families on food stamps and housing assistance to make ends meet, programs for which the gov't taxes schmucks like you and me that might work two jobs to pay the taxes for all these entitlement programs and then those same folks turn around and take their food stamps and expendable income and they shop right back at Wal-mart with all the other citizen welfare cases that can't find a job that pays much more than the mininum wages Walmart pays.

Immigrants don't necessarily come here to do jobs that "Americans won't do", no one can live on what they pay to do those jobs anymore. What immigrants come here for is all the government handouts they get, that's how they can afford to live here, the working tax payers pay for it.

Stop the government handouts and most of the immigration "problem", legal and illegal will go back where they came from overnight.

Sorry, that's harsh, but that's my perspective.

19. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I recently purchased a Culture Club CD from Wal-Mart.I wonder if they'd take it back.I bought it because I thought it had the song Karma Chameleon on it.

20. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    If you recently bought it, I don't see why not. :)