Wow these hooks are cheap, Must be a catch.

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Drawout, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
  2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    It doesn't give the mfg. name so it would be hard to say if anyone has used them or not.

Give it a try.

:confused2:

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    They look just like the Gamakatsu to me .In one of this guys other auctions he says they are Gamas this will be sweet to get 100 gamas for 7 or 8 bucks.

4. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I saw a young 22 inch cat just this weekend straighten out a 1/0 thin wire circle hook just like this pic here. Look at the eye on it- the hole of the eye is not much bigger than the thickness of the shank.

Buyer beware. If its thin wire, which I believe it is, its not gonna get you a cat... The cat will make a straight barbed toothpick out of it.:crazy:

Sal

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    you really have to watch those cheap hooks. i tried some from wally world and they weren't any good at all. they didn't straighten, they just broke. i believe those were made with bad metal. not to say the ones you are looking at aren't any good. just watch them. still might be worth a try being they are so cheap.

6. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Yeah i think i will give it a shot,they are cheap.:cool2:

7. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    if you look on the sellers other page he has 50 Gamakatsu 7/0 hooks for a high bid right now of $3.78 and if you look at the picture of those hooks it looks just like the picture you're looking at for the 100 hooks.

8. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    ebay gots good deals like that

9. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was looking at these also, and was concerned with what they might be. So I bought some 6/0 that he had on auction, they were advertised as gama's. I will let you know when I get them. I should get them early next week.

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Ha, I got 200 of them setting right here. They look just like a 7/0 gama but the color is slightly different and they aren't as sticky sharp (some are). The steel seems as strong but I haven't got to try them yet maybe it will rain soon and Ill try them out. But if you got a sharpener they are nice at a great price.

11. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I bought some a couple of years ago, can't remember if it is the same guy, but was the same kind of deal. Sal is right, them hooks would straiten out way to easy so I put em back on ebay and got my money back.