Wow its clean

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by ka_c4_boom, Oct 26, 2006.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i took out my plack powder today its a thompsons /center fire .50 cal i used it last year it was my birthday gift from mabel , well i took it out of the safe to clean cause i thought i had left it loaded guess i thought wrong . not only is it clean but i left the bolt loose and the gun and all the parts are quite oily nice looking gun if i do say so my self .

how many of you actually keep your guns looking like new ?
    :lol: i guess this one is new , its been shot 15 times when i sighted it in but yet to kill a deer :confused2: maybe this year

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I keep mine all nice and pretty except my duck gun. As much as I would like to, the salt water marshes I hunt over here rust a gun while you use it.

3. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Chuck, always good to keep them looking like new, but then everyone thinks that you never use them!:lol:

Kenneth, one of the guys from Tx. I hunt with, hunts alot of ducks in the saltwater too. He shoots a Benelli Nova, says its the only one he has found, that will stand up to the salt water!

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I don't worry about "new", but sure do about clean an working good.
    Almost a relief when ya get that first scratch, bump out of the way.
    Gramps use to say just go on and drop it off the tractor couple times and get it over with!

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i hunted with two different guy slast year both had trouble keeping their muzzles out of the mud , clumzy 'ofs , hate baby sitting adults but lucky for them i always cary my cleaning kit . :lol:

6. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    keep mine in a enclosed gun rack. pull em out ever once in a while and dust off. lol my dad didnt believe in cleanin his guns; said it would change the accuracy. lol