Wow, is it wet!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by jlingle, May 8, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Down here around Altus, our lake is filling up fast fast fast. Thank goodness. We got 1.6 inches at the farm last night, and it's raining hard again. Nearly all the rivers and creeks are swelling and a few are already out of their banks. Most of the runoff hasn't even got here yet. It's gonna get wild.

Anybody else going through this?

2. Okie Jim

Okie Jim New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It's wet up in Woodward. The local lake is full and so is the river. 30 days ago Canton lake was 8 feet down, as of today it is 1 foot low and rising.The weekend was rough here. They blew the sirens 3 times and told us to take cover. It looks like it will rain all night again. Pretty wild when you live in the sand hills and you are under flood warnings.

3. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Jerrod, I'm glad to hear Altus/Lugert is filling up. Thats a beautiful lake when it full. I would like to come down and camp for a week, but I dont see it till mid June. Good fishin' to ya.

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Hopefully the shad population will be making a rebound by then. The catfishing was really good last summer, right off the bank. If the rain continues, maybe the lake will fill completely & we'll get to fish below the dam. When they're releasing water from the dam, look out.... it's fantastic fishing.

5. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Same deal here, Jerrod... they've got 10 gates open at the dam and full generation. Haven't heard that report in the 6 years I've been around here... it's a wonderful thing! Stay afloat :lol:

6. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yes, grand is coming up pretty good it's 746 and rising, they've got cherokee state park shut down, so i've been going down to bird hollow to unload on the river, little blue and east gate 5 each, great for catfishing right now for me anyways on the lake, sandies doing good too

7. snakeman455

snakeman455 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    here in OKC the canadian river is VERY full, haven't seen it look like that in a while.

8. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    N.E. part of the state is full too. They were running all the gates and turbins at Ft. Gibson yesterday. Really screwed up the fishing, too much water.

Every thing is trying to get away from all the water, I even saw a frog in a life jacket!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile:

9. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Mustang/Yukon area seen some flooding yesterday morning and afternoon. My front yard sinks when I walk on it.

David