Wow I got my eye's open today

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by chambers bd, Oct 23, 2007.

1. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hi Folks,
    At about 0845 I looked out the back door over a corn field and saw at least 20 deer one of which was a 6 point. Has any body seen this many deer in a corn field with a 6 point buck.:crazy:

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    not in a long time. back in the 80's I used to see large groups of deer like that but now only in winter.

3. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    big herds are'nt at all uncommon around here. especially late in the year..there's a really big field near where i hunt. (several hundred acres) i've counted over 80 deer in this field late winter at one time. they come up from the river bottoms and out of thick cover and gather in this field every night. makes me wish rifle hunting was legal here. lol

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like what you need, Mark, is a good muzzle loader. You can use those up there can't you? I've got a picture of a field full of deer. You can count 133 deer in the picture. It was taken by Lennard Lee Rue in New Jersey.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Thats cause in Joisey with all the buildin goin on. All the deer in the state live in 2 square miles. Been seein deer in places we got no bussiness seein them.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Last year on my uncles property we counted 17 and the big dog was a 6-8,he dont allow hunting on his place cause my aunt is ....well:angry: My AUNT

7. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    What is so unusual about seeing a six point with a bunch of slickheads? I must be missing something here.

8. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    They are very social animals especially when feeding. Just wish they didn't go nocturnal in the season. I seen so many in soybean fields with a full moon, didn't even count em. But a herd. Not unusual.
    :big_smile:

9. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Id have never seen that many in our corn field, im in the mountains.

10. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Ahhhh, now I see......I was interpretating you post wrong. It is unusual to see that many at one time in those hills. I live in the mountains of NW Ga and it is rare to see that many at once....unless you are on the Berry College campus....

11. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    out here in south dakota deer heards as large as a few hundred deer form and people refer to it as that heard because the same heards are always around. but really theyre like 400 deer sometimes.

12. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    No sir,
    Im in helen ga area sautee. It was very unusal to say the least. Been chasing these mountain deer most of my life they are a tight group to tackle.:big_smile:

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    When I started bow hunting I lived down in Clayton Co. Ga. I used to hunt the Flint River swamps, Paulding Co., and War Woman Mountain. I think the biggest group I saw down there was in Paulding Co. where I had 13 come by the stand one morning. One of them was a big 10 point buck but all he offered me was a "Texas Heart Shot". I had a 30-30 and didn't know that it would go all the way through him the long way. LOL Another missed chance.

14. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    out in wyoming, its not uncommon to see a hundred or so out in a field,

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    they are a bit thinner around here. i did watch 4 doe and a tall 8 pointer this morning from the barn.

16. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Years ago in Dads pea patch. About 18 head would eat all of the peas.

17. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

oh yeah round here thats the deers fav spot, thasts how i hunt is gilly suit in the corn, if you dont have a gilly suit buy one you wont regret it at all.