WoW~!!!! How u guys been ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Rollinunknown, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry ive not been around and i missed a few PM's.

I just fogged my boat down for the year.Just got back home ive been in Wild-wood FL with one of my buddy's whos getting a divorce and having a bad time so ive been down there for almost 50days lol!

He's moveing back to STL and he's a damn good fisherman.
    So it looks like ill have my best fishing buddy back again! LOL

Whats new hows everyone been ?

Anyone get any big boys off the Missouri or Mississippi lately or over by the lock and damn in alton ?

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Rob glad to see u back posting again ,sorry about your buddy going thru a divorce ,but at least he still has some good friends to talk with

3. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    welcome back bro. keep us posted on the fishing report.

4. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ahh no doubt ... wasint to bad yesterday went to horseshoe lake and got some of the bigist crappie ever in my life! fishing about 8ft deep and me and my buddy got both our limit + we threw back about 25-30

i got 7 of them around 2lbs ... i was shocked i thought they were bass at first lol!

I the bigist crappie i ever got was 1lbs .. This was a killer trip even in the COLD!

5. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    congrads on the crappie trip. I went on one two weekends ago. I didn't catch one but my buddy did. we only had an hour to play with. he wanted to show me a lake i could try fishing. (counsel Bluff) we put out a minnow trap in his back your creek came back in 4 hours picked up the fish and headed out. I got a minnow trap after the trip.:big_smile: I got 3 pictures in my album of the fish he caught. 3 crappie and a bass.

6. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    I've fished that lake a few times with my father-in-law. He only likes to bass fish, but I wondered if anyone has done any catfishing there and how well they did.

7. bwwwww

bwwwww New Member

State:
    mo
    Welcome back.

8. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    i am going to try counsel bluff for cats in the future. i think there are a couple nice size flats in there. :wink: Standing on the ramp looking out we were on the left bank about 300 yards. fishing in the standing timber.

9. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Yeah, there's standing timber all over that lake. There's tons of structure for fish to hang on, but the water is pretty clear and most of the places I catch cats are murky or muddy. Never really fished a clear lake for cats, so let me know how you do.