Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

wow havent been here in forever .

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  WIcatter 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hey man, I am new to Sparta, WI and I am ready for this ice to melt so I can get out there and go after some cats. I have fished many lakes and rivers down south and I am looking forward to fishing here. On average how is the catfishing for flatheads around La Crosse?

#3 ·
Welcome Roger and Danny. Things are pretty quiet around here for now. Once it warms up though things will change. The old Miss should be good for flatheads, but I personally don't have much experience on that water. Your best bet would be to contact some of the bait/tackle shops in the La Crosse area,even the guys at gander mountain on the east side should be able to help. I have fished at Clemments fishing barge down in Genoa several times and know they have been caught there. Were to fish depends on if you have a boat or are shorebound. I live in the central part of the state and mostly fish the Wisconsin river. I do get out from time to time on the wolf river and the Winnebago system.
Most of us on this Wisconsin portion of the forum fish mostly the central state area, the Bago system or the Madison chain. But I know we are all willing to help out.

#4 ·
Hey Mark, thanks for the info man. I am ready to get out there and give the flatheads a go. I am also looking forward to meeting those that fish around the area.
Welcome Roger and Danny. Things are pretty quiet around here for now. Once it warms up though things will change. The old Miss should be good for flatheads, but I personally don't have much experience on that water. Your best bet would be to contact some of the bait/tackle shops in the La Crosse area,even the guys at gander mountain on the east side should be able to help. I have fished at Clemments fishing barge down in Genoa several times and know they have been caught there. Were to fish depends on if you have a boat or are shorebound. I live in the central part of the state and mostly fish the Wisconsin river. I do get out from time to time on the wolf river and the Winnebago system.
Most of us on this Wisconsin portion of the forum fish mostly the central state area, the Bago system or the Madison chain. But I know we are all willing to help out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.