Wow...All I can say

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Tip123Q, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This is so cool. I was fishing today when I hooked into this small channel, all was good cause although he was small he still gave a good fight but heres the cool part I was fighting him back toward my way and was just about to bring him up out of the water when out of nowhere this huge...and i mean huge pike came right up and BAM grab ahold of him ( I nearly peed my pants ) this thing was the biggest fish ive ever saw in this river, but man was it a sight to see sadly i never got my fish because when he struck it he began to run off but he let go of it and i began to reel my channel in when he came back and struck it again this time managing to unhook him from my line. But man ill never forget that not to very often does a pike still someones fish. whewwee

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mike that is a neat story and a big surprise for you. Thanks for sharing.:cool2:

3. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    I would have liked to have seen your face!!:smile2:

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great story Mike... woulda made a nice movie...:cool2:

5. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a fishing tale to me. j/k that woulda scared the crap out of me too. Thanks for sharing Mike.

6. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    That was awsome. That pike should have been a flathead.:0a22:

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Good story thanks for sharing.

8. vandellchuck

vandellchuck New Member

State:
    Illinois
    that is awesome. Ive had a bass strike a bluegill but nothing as intense as that. haha you better not forget that cause thats a site to see.
    --chuck

9. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    th closest I've come is watching a shark eat a tilapia that this lady hooked. it was on sometime last yr. Cool story, woulda made a K?A comercial for th bait u r using......EVEN GIANT PIKE LIKE IT, LOL.

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great story! I hear tell that sometimes while walleye fishing where pike are present, the pike will attack a hooked walleye. I never get to fish where there are pike.:sad2:

11. whicoy

whicoy New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    35YRS AGO OR SO I BOUGHT MY BOAT I LIVED ON THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER DECIDED TO PUT OUT A TROUTLINE AN OLDER FELLOW WAS WATCHING ME BAIT AND CHECK MY LINES. HE CAME OVER WITH SMILE ON HIS FACE AND ASKED IF I WAS HAVING A PROBLEM. AS I WAS TRYING TO UNTANGLE MY LEAD LINES FROM MY MAIN LINE. HE SAID IF I WOULD RUN MY LINE A CROSS THE RIVER INSTEAD OF WITH THE RIVER MY PROBLEM AND THEN HE LOL AT ME. FEELING A LITTLE DUMB AND A LOT INEXPERIENCED I SMILED AN THANKED HIM FOR THE ADVICE.AND MOVED MY LINE .I CAUGHT A NUMBER OF CATS PUT HALF OR MORE LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE SANDED WITH SANDPAPER I TOOK MY INEXPERIENCE BACK TO THE OLD FELLOW THAT WORKED ON RIVER FOR 40YEARS HE DIDN'T LOL THIS TIME HE SAID BIG YELLOW CAT THE NEXT MORNING HE WAS AT THE BOAT RAMP WAITING FOR ME.WE HEADED OUT AS I WAS PULLING THE LINE IN I FELT A JERK AND I PULLED A LITTLE FASTER BIGGER JERKS AND HUGE YELLOW WE WENT TO THE BANK HE WAVED EVERY BODY OVER THEY ASKED WHAT WAS I USING FOR BAIT HE LOLED OUT AND SAID 2LB CHANNEL CATS A THANKS TO OLD JOKER:wink:

12. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    one time i was fishing with corn under a bridge for bullheads in a creek and i was reeling in and when i got th corn to the top of the water a big pike came up and sideswiped it but it got of in like 2 seconds:sad2:. right away i put on a spoon and fished for them the fest of the day hooked 1 more pike but i got off right in front of me. but i did catch some big bullheads on the spoon.

13. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    Pike will hit anything that moves, I mean ANYTHING. You may not want to spend a lot of time rinsing your hands off in that river:wink: The gar are similar in the OH river, but they're still not as agressive as pike.

14. King Flats W'loo

King Flats W'loo New Member

State:
    iowa
    just picture this <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<thats ur pike on my plate

15. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I wish I could have seen that too! Great story.

16. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    One time I was standing on a dock waiting out a storm, when a HUGE pike swam right up to the dock. He looked like a phone pole with teeth. He watched me for a while, then gave me a disgusted look and swam off. I then noticed that I was standing next to a fish cleaning station. I think he was waiting for me to fillet xome fish and toss the leftovers to him.