!! WOW !! A new PB for pop pop

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Oct 26, 2007.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Well let me start by thanking my friend Chrisblue of Fightin Da Blues Guide Service. He called me last night and ask me to do a little fishing with him today.:big_smile: We were going to fish for Flatheads on a lake that he doesn't talk about much and guess what happened. 20 mins after we got all the rods out. My rod started screaming out drag. After a long fight we were thinking I had a big Flathead.WRONG. I had just layed the smack down on 43.3 lb. BLUE.:big_smile: and had a new PB. Ive added the pic below. We fished several more holes and put 8 more Cats in the boat before we were done.

WOW WHAT A DAY!!!!

Attached Files:

2. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Thats a hawg, congratulations! Yall must have been out early, what a start to a good day of fishing!

3. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    POP POP thats a nice fish.Looks like you had a good on the water.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on the new PB blue, Thats a HAWG!! I don't know if it's the way ya'll took the picture but in the picture it looks bigger than 43.3 lbs. What bait were you using and what kind and size of hook? We need details lol.

5. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Congrats Doug! Glad you guys had a good day.

6. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Way to go Doug That is one huge fish.

Jim

7. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah it was kinda disappointing because it wouldnt the target species but we'll take it.:smile2:

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    That's because he ran all them Flatheads out that hole!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    way to go big dog, we will try to top that tomorrow:wink:

10. LadyKatKiller

LadyKatKiller New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats! Watch out droptine is getting jealous....:wink:He might start givin' you a hard time like he did me.
    By the way, How are you holdin' that thing? Yours looks alot bigger than mine...

11. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    Now thats a nice Catfish !! Congrats

12. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Awesome, Doug!!!! Betcha caught'im using shrimp like I show'ed ya, huh :roll_eyes:

13. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Congratulations. Targetted or not its a happy catch either way right.

14. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Doug:

That's an awesome fish man, congratulations!

15. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Doug,
    Now thats a nice fish, when we catch them that big it will put a smile on your face that will last for days.:big_smile:

16. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Happy for you PopPop. Way to go Chris-that is satisfying to put somebody on a hog. Something he will never forget!:wink:

17. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    look pop pop this is the last time i'm gonna say this...i asked for a better background in the picture so i can figure out where y'all were at and now you take a picture in the freakin dark:crazy:how can i find pop pop in the dark...it just ain't fair:smile2:...seriously though congrats on a huge fish brother...looks like pop pop and the "SIMPSONATOR" strike again!!

18. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Foothills, We started that Flathead hunt about an hour before light.:big_smile: So I'm reeeaaaallll sorry ya can't tell were Pop Pop is at on Lake X, But trust me my friend. Nothing shined as bright as my smile :big_smile: than when that baby hit the bottom of Chris's boat!:wink:

19. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great job Doug!!!!! There is nothing like that feeling of getting your PB. I would also like to say congrats to Chris! He is the man when it comes to cat fishing! Great job guys.

20. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Lake X!!!!! Ain't that the place where you catch 50+ pounders every time you go on those flounder fillets soaked in tarter sauce?:smile2::smile2::smile2: