Wouldn't you know!

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by CatHunterSteve, Aug 3, 2009.

1. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Fished the mouth of the little river lastnight, was going for some channel cats using Catawpa worms I had collected near my home. Missed one good run but I didn't catch ANY channels.
    Didn't catch any gills or even think about fishing for flats. Well i should have, about 30 yards up from me another fisherman caught 3-4 smaller but nice flats and a 43lb'er! Just my luck, sometimes i think too much, sometimes I don't thisk at all!:big_smile:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i hear ya steve, its one extreme or the other for me too, like you i think to much or not at all

3. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I went to Pony Pasture yesterday with some bluegills ready to catch some monster flatheads. I only caught one after standing in the river for over 4 hours. The 2 guys right next to me must have pulled in over 10, same bait, same fishing hole....go figure

4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    DAllison, we gotta check you for bananas in your pocket or something.:big_smile:

5. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I know they were biting my bait because I kept reeling in blue gills with bit off tails. I'll give it another couple times before September. I need to find somebody to wade out there with me to take the picture....

6. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Take me! Take me! LOL