Would You Use This As A Tackle Bag?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by H2O Mellon, Jan 27, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got a couple of these for myself & one for Flathunter. I think they are actually laptop computer soft cases. They have lots of compartments & PLENTY of room. They seem to be designed very nicely. If you notice in the 2nd pic, the round paded zipper pouch is PERFECT for a digital camera. I am going to change over some tackle into this. I will take a couple "AFTER" pictures. I will give this set up a try on Satursday & report back w/ what I thought of it. I can get my hands on several of these & prob only have $10 in them. If anyone would like one, please let me know. I thought if they worked out, that I would donate one to the BOC Giveaways.

2. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Bryan, that might not be a bad idea. Theres plenty of room to fit a lot of stuff. Let us know how it works out.

3. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    I prefer softsided tackle bags myself. They seem to make less noise than hard ones when you're looking for something.
    looks neat.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Now that would look real nice, going to a gathering carrying a tacklebag that has a shoulderstrap and DH gets a look at it, LOL!!! he would swear you carry a purse!!! Just make sure your shoes match, LMAO!!!

All kidding aside, It seems like it would work just fine!!!

5. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    i have (had) a plano soft tackle bag w/ containers inside....til my dogs discovered the chicken blood and crawfish flavor magic bait....:mad:

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :thumbdown

Well it's not going to work out. The bag itself is nice, however it's not quite W-I-D-E enough for me. I've included a pic of what my normal bag look like on just about any given day. I've went through a couple bags like this. In my opinon the sand, dirt, rain, snow, etc.... really does a number on the zippers. This blue FLW bag is getting to be hard to pull the zippers open/closed.

Hey Jack...... I gotta sweet Tackle Bag for you! :0a14: :0a33:

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What I like about bag like this is that I can carrying my sidearm legally in them while driving. I pull the zippers together, put a small master lock on them & there ya go! Perfectly legally Ohio CCW way to carry your gun while driving. It takes me about an hour & half to get to my dads place and/or Flathunters. Sometimes I'm going there/heading home during the "bad" hours of the night. I keep this bad in the passengers seat & a key in my cup holder.

8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I have a soft sided tackle bag too. It stays on my boat most of the time. I also have a smaller two sided bag that has zip locks on rings. I have weights, pretied leaders, swivels, beads, a few skipjack rigs and about everything I need when fishing on someone elses boat. It's a minature tackle bag. The ziplocks were Big George's idea and the small bag was my frined Bob's(Kittycatcher) idea. Works out like a champ. I also have a smaller binder with ziplocks in it just for skipjack fishing. I added a shoulder strap to it and it's easy to carry when walking the banks for skipjacks. Nice setup in my opinion. Can't thank George enough for those posts he made last year. Made a huge difference in how I store tackle now.

Bryan, those look like they'd work just fine. And the price must've been right too. Thanks for sharing.

9. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I just used one of my old bookbags for my Cat Bag.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bryan, if you try to give me one of thos purses, you know what you can do with it!;)

11. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I use one of the kids' old diaper bags! Before the harassment starts, let me say that its solid navy blue and has no teddy bears, Strawberry Shortcakes, or Tele Tubbies on it!

It really makes a great fishing bag: shoulder strap, lots of compartments, waterproof bottom, and its really tough.

12. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX

Been guilty of using those myself thru the years for various tote bags. However, with the Teletubbies on it, what thief in his/her right mind would break into the car to steal it? Just a thought.:) Kind of "Loss Prevention" at its finest!

Frank

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey I like the tellytubies. There my friends.:p

Seriously though I have used tote bags and stuff before too, esspecialy when I was on vacation, I just emptied out my suit case and used it for a tackle bag....lol:eek: It worked ok just for a short time, but it started to get torn up.

14. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Zakk, you wonder why we pick on you, LOL!!!

I use a cheap $10 backpack from Walmart for my tackle bag. Works great for me.

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    What, you dont like those little colorful boogers?....lol...there so happy and full of joy. How could you not like them?....LOL:eek:

16. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    All I can say is Wow...

17. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Now don't y'all go knocking purses! I've got several that my wife discarded that make excellent tackle bags. Especially the kind with pouches all over the outside. For most of my storage inside the bags, I use large plastic boxes sold in the fishing departments for storing lures, gadgets, & whatever.

18. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I got a backpack for a laptop at a Super Wally, it has all kinds of pockets nets and everything fits in it just fine. Extra spool of line, about a hundred hooks with leaders in the little zip lock bags, two stringers, sinkers, pliers, two flashlights, head lamp, etc, etc etc. The only things not in it that I need is my bottles of ice for keeping bait frozen and for me to drink as they melt and my bait, they are in another small hard side cooler. My main backpack has two rings on about three in straps coming off the shoulder straps that I use to connect my little cooler. Got to get me a small chair also, then only have my R&R and rod holders to carry. My fishing partner is 21 years younger than me so he can carry the net. I'm going to make a cover for the net also so it isn't getting hung up on brush and stuff when we are walking to a fishing hole. Thinking about making a cart also, then just have to pull it along, maybe make it oversized then my bud could pull his and mine both in it....lol. I think he would tell me to pull my own. hahaha

19. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I just use a canvas Duck bag and it has lots of pockets on the inside and out side and a shoulder strap. I treated it with Scotch Guard to waterproof it and best of all. I got it off e-bay for $5.00. Large plano boxes fit right in. I have two of them in it.

20. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Mellon,

I just use a "Back-Pack" (Book-Bag) with a level bottom. :)

That way - my hands are free to carry things like my Fishing-poles & Cooler.

:0a23:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)