Would you stand

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Slatebar, Nov 27, 2009.

Would you stand for the National Anthem sung in Spanish

1. Yes

2. No

3. Jose' can you see

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    A while back I read of the National Anthem being sung at an event in Spanish. If you were to attend an event and the Stars Spangeled Banner was sung in Spanish, Would you reconize it by standing? No

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. CatRwalln

CatRwalln New Member

State:
    United States
    I would stand for the National Anthem sung in any language, if it was being sung in another language in the US I would stand and leave.:angry: Without pressing 1 for English.:confused2::embarassed: How did WE allow this to happen in our country??

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Not no ,But HE!! NO.:angry::angry: Its OUR national anthem,Not Mexico's.

4. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    i would for the fact the national anthem is the national anthem. It doesnt matter what language you are or what language it is being sung in. You should show your respect to it no matter what. That is meant for all the military who have served, lost their lives while serving, and who are serving now. You should NEVER disrespect that song. I dont care if you are black, white, red, purple,blue or green you live in America, then respect the country and stand.

5. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    I'm not touching this one with a ten foot pole. :crazy:

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Uhhhh no I would sit down with my hat on

7. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    mexicos isnt the only place they speak spanish:smile2::wink::wink:...but then again we dont hae many spainards here!!!

8. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I am a vet myself. I am the son, brother, nephew, of vets and the grandson of 2 vets. I feel it shows disrespect to ALL vets and military and all other citizens of this country to sing the N.A. in Spanish or any other foreign language on OUR own soil. Just my openion, Remember my openion and a dollar will buy a cup of coffee.:eek:oooh:

9. If that ever happens in my lifetime at any event, I would stand out of respect for our troops/veterans, then I will turn around, and walk out the door. I will never go to that event again. I would also would be disgusted.:angry::embarassed:

10. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    Ok i dont understand why everyone is voting no on this. do you not realize how many spanish speaking people risk THEIR lives for you on a daily bases in the military???:angry:

Dont get me wrong i hate the fact that nowadays you have to listen to the press 1 for english 2 for spanish shit, but in all reality this is the USA, you guys need to respect the fact that it is the national anthem no matter what.

11. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    I can understand that, but oh its been sung what 1 time that we know of in spanish, and we dont even know what event it was at. All we know is that it could have been sung at a Spanish event and thats why it was sung in spanish.

And i honestly dont think we shoudl really worry about it taking over the nation for the fact that no one would let it happen. The national anthem will always be in english at american events that people attend.

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I bet that if spanish is their first language they dont use it to confirm orders that they were given unless they are mexican and not American. I know that there are alot of different types of Americans i.e. not all are just English speaking, that being said if I were underway and some moron told me to do something in another language I would one tell them where to shove it in english and two I would let my supervisors know that there is someone doing that.

Most people now are duel language and thats great but for someone serving America they better do it in English. They can still talk their language when they want but if they want to be come Americans they better realize that we speaka da English.

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Anything sung or spoke in spanish , can kiss my fat a__ .

Why in the name of Pete would they want to sing it in spanish anyway ?

14. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I Wouldn't bet on that. We Americans sat twittling our thumbs and are now invaded by well over 12,000,000 and more coming every day.

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I am a veteran, and the son of a 28 year veteran and a WWII veteran nurse, and the grandson of two more veterans. Besides that, my brother-in-law, who served 4 tours in Nam and is disabled, lives with me. When my grandmother came here, she sang the national anthem in Swedish, her native tongue. I will respect MY National Anthem no matter what language it is sung in, as long as it is sung in a respectful and reverent manner. It's not about how one pronounces the words, it's about the feelings it stirs in the heart and the pride it brings to those who know what it stands for. If a person stands, removes his hat, and covers his heart, I don't give a darn if he sings it in Russian, Chinese, French, or Spanish. THAT'S my opinion!

16. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    They are used as shields .......lol.......joke .

17. Oh crap, this little sunnie just got picked out of the bait tank.:eek:oooh::embarassed:

I SAID I WOULD STAND IF IT WAS IN SPANISH!:angry:

Then I will turn around and not look back. Does'nt mean I agree with it.:cool2:

18. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would stand for OUR anthem no matter what language it was sung!This is a melting pot. Just because its not sung the way YOU think it should be sung dosent make you a better american.
    smokey

19. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas

I understand that you would stand, but there are posts in here where they said they would sit there with their hat on...im sorry but to me that is just the most disrepecting thing you could do to anyone. as long as its sung in pride, thats all that matters.

as to everyone the way i see it, if you would disrespect the national anthem because its not in YOUR first language, feel free to go stand in front of those troops who are fighting for YOUR right to sit here on the computer with your familys around you and type this stuff.

20. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    ok new thought about this. If the national anthem was sung in german, would you still not stand? If it was sung in chinese, would you still not stand? If it was sung in french, would you still not stand? Or is it just because its spanish and more and more we are having to teach our kids 2 different languages so they will be able to have a successful life?