Would you pay to fish

Discussion in 'Bank Fishing' started by flathunter, Sep 28, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Would you pay the land owner, to fish a prime river spot from the bank?

And if so how much for a night?

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

3. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
  4. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I pay to charter boats, and pay at parks etc., so YES I would pay a land owner.
    Price would depend on many factors.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    We all pay to fish ,buying lic.bait fuel ,ramp fees or dockage ,so if i found a area ,to fish yes i would pay a reasonable fee to fish it ,kind of a lease or something along that line .Thankfully around here there is more water to fish ,than i can ever fish without that problem

7. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    hell ya I would...everything else in fishing costs money...and to be able to fish in peace and not worry about broken beer bottles everywhere and everything else that goes with public fishing spots...put a price on that

8. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Not me,, but I am sure plenty would.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If it was a prime location, that I knew had big flatheads, I would pay 10-20 bucks for 24 hrs of fishing.

10. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Depends on how good the spot is.:smile2:
    Really, I dont see it much different than payin to camp, or use a ramp, which is almost everywhere in my state, at the lakes anyway.
    I wouldnt pay alot, but it would be NICE to have exclusive access, with no pleasure boaters or crackheads askin to bum a smoke.:eek:oooh::smile2:
    I would definately get something in writing if I were to do something like that.
    It would also be nice to not have to worry if the truck is safe. Most of the places I have to fish are out there, and thefts are common.:sad2:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  11. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I think that would be a very FAIR price to pay Jack.

12. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    A few dollars would be the max. Too much water out there to pay greedy people.

13. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

i MIGHT if i had it to spare..which i never do....same reason i hardly pay at parks..i jsut go to the free spots and walk the banks to the secluded spots

14. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    I would pay to fish a spot, but only if i was sure it would produce some nice fish. A good friend of mine and myself are going to offer a guy money for a year of permission to fish his lake. It was a paylake back in the late 70's and 80's, and it is plum full of big fish. it is off limits to everyone, and he doesnt give people permission to fish sense it was bought out. so there is def some really large fish. we were going to offer him $100 and guarantee all fish to be released for a year of fishing. people do the same thing for hunting all the time, why not to fish. if you know its a great spot, you should try to settle with the guy over a one time fee though, pay per trip and you will have a lot invested.

15. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    The MAIN reason I PAY to fish anywhere, IS to fish AWAY from the crowd. It PAYS to fish away from the crowds. VERY REWARDING.

16. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    What's the difference in paying to fish or paying to hunt? If I had access to a prime, private stretch of bank, sure I would pay.

Or you could get you a boat. :0a22:(that was a joke) LOL

17. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    Right away if you notice that the landowner is gets greedy after you offer the dough make sure you dont say things like 20 bucks everytime I cross your land to fish. Instead just tell him you got 20bucks if he will let you fish on his property and BOOM nobody set limits on how many times you go there or anything like that and it should hold up in court if he gets mad cause your not paying everytime just bring a witness

18. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

i bet a guide would want ya to pay to fish :wink::smile2: :0a20:

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think I will start a guide service, 10 hrs of skunkings, for 20 bucks, sounds good:smile2:

20. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Or food will work. Nobody fishes for FREE! :roll_eyes: