Would you pay more for a fishing license if

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Mar 25, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If your state would use all extra funds from rasing the price of a fishing license to increase catfish populations...Thru stocking, habitat, and cracking down on poachers..
    Would you be willing to pay more for that license?

Personally I would be willing to pay more.

2. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    if it means an increase on fish and a decrease on idiots i'm in.

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yes, I wouldn't mind paying more.

4. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I am about to get my lifetime license for 11.00 but i will fight any increase. I know many people who would fish but can't afford the licensee. I would like to see the tennessee license seperated from the hunting license. You can't buy either You have to buy both together.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Every time fishing permits increase in price, I pay it. The money already goes to good causes like stocking, code enforcement, and improvement of facilities.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I allways pay the increase,but all we ever get in return here is more regs against bait fishing and more Trout and bass for the weekend tourists :tounge_out:

7. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I can see it as a double edged sword.
    I don't have much trouble remembering when the fee was a fair chunk out of my meager budget. As a consequence, there were several years that I just went without a license. Additionally you have those folks who only get out a few times a year and would rather take the chance than spend the bucks.

I guess my point is, higher fees might just drive more folk to not fish, or not pay.

That aside, I am a big fan of the WV DNR. They have done a wonderful job over the last 30 years or so.
    I would have no problem kicking in a couple of dollars more, IF that money goes toward fish and not the "over-fancy" watercrafts such as they got from the homeland security grant.

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Everyone has raised some valid points.
    I wouldn't mind paying a little more if I knew for certain that it would be spent wisely and as with any beaurocrasy one can never be certain of anything!!
    ...W

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I feel the same way as Winston. I do like paying $5 for my combo disabled license though.....:wink::big_smile:

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:
    LoL

"Yea - No Problem - Count me in".
    :wink:

11. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I agree with Frank, I don't hunt and I don't like having to buy a hunting/fishing combo license just so I can fish. TN should offer a fishing license seperate from the hunting license at a discounted price.

12. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dont see why not. Heck we pay more for gas with no other advantages other than getting to drive and buy even more gas.:smile2:

13. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Kevin,
    ya need to get all your fishin buddys and write your local law makers!!

14. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  15. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    probaly just give the dnr a big fat raise and do nothing to make things better

16. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky

yup yup same here...our state spends oodles and oodles on trout, but idk if cats even get 1/3 of what they get

17. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    well, i wouldnt mind it if i knew thats what they would really do with the money. in illinois, all the taxes pretty much end up in chicago.

18. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    I have a lifetime license so it really doesn't apply to me, but if an increase, and I say if because the chief duty of government seems to be "give me more of your hard-earned money, and we will wisely decide how it should be spent",
    if it should be spent on stocking programs, and improvement of boat ramps, docks, and other facilities to improve our lives, then I'm for it.

Of course, when I say that, I am just like the government. My contributions to license fees is no more, so I am just volunteering the rest of you to spend more. You guys have the say, and if you speak loud enough, the state may listen.

19. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I guess if you want to fish without taking the chance of getting a high priced ticket, you would pay more for it. One ticket cost more than an annual liscence.