would you go for it

Discussion in 'Boating' started by BIG_D, Nov 29, 2008.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well i got a boat deal in the works i can get a 17ft. glastron boat with a 75hp johnson for $200 needs interer redon interer is striped guy dosent know if motor runs he took it on trade for some ac work he did its a nice looking boat i think it would make a nice kitty boat and sins i will have to redo interer i can fix it to suit me what ya think hear are some pics

Attached Files:

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    one more pic

Attached Files:

3. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Looks like a 60s era motor,...are parts available?
    IMHO, I think I would pass. I go fishn to enjoy myself, not to worry about an old motor gettn me back to the ramp OK.

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    the age of the motor realy dont bother me i like tinkering with old stuff if need be i would rebuild motor and still not have a ton of mony in the rig

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Dallas anything is worth a try. It looks to be fairly good shape. How long has the cover been off the motor? Can you get in contact with the previous owner? Interior wise just keep it simple and you will plenty of room to move and store things.

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Phlip i dont know how long covers ben of from look of pic its ben sitting in that spot a wile i have just ben working up the deal thrue email today i will talk with him on ph. tonight if i trade him im gona ask for the guy he got it froms contact info that might help me determin what the motor probs are if any this guy said he couldent start it but he knows nuten about boats he said if im real lucky mabe motors good and he just dont know what hes doing i see a lot of potental for this boat and as you said im gona keep the floor as open as i can the wheels are already turning in my head as to what id like to do

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think ya may be on to something but yer gonna have a ton of money in it no matter what you do it is a marine pleasurecraft:wink:

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
  9. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    little over my buget bill need a fixer uper i think the glastron fits the bill yea you are right kenny thay take mony for sher i like tinkerring and fixing up stuff so i think it will work out

10. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
  11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Josh cool lol i see you shop the same place i do lol yep i think i will go get that sucker:wink:

12. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Good luck. :wink:

13. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Dallas no matter what the out come. It will be a learning experiance. Have fun with it and let know how things are going and if there is anything we can help or give advice or ideas on.

Chris

14. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i'd go for it dallas i'm like you i like to bring old stuff back to life again

15. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    thanks Chris i had a boat when i was younger it was a big pice of crap kept me frustraited all the time but sins thean i have become pretty macanical minded as far as being a grease monky lol i know i will be bending you guys ears with ? and advice i probly wouldent take this on but a lot of guys have inspired me with thear fix ups and i just plain need a project and this one kinda fits the bill lol :wink:

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I tried a few of these projects myself.............................then I bought a good boat. Good luck brother!

17. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    "Cheap boat."
    Haha, there is no such thing.

18. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    if it didnt work out for u can part it out trailers worth more than 100 bucks

19. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Buy it.If you decide you don't want it put it on ebay for 1000 bucks. You will get it. I got 800 out of one sitting on the ground. guy brought a utility trailer and loaded it.

20. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    lol it will take some time not gona get it going over night i kinda ben wanting to get into restorring older boats anyway to make a extra doller so i can lern on the one im gona use and the next one will go a little easyer it will make a good winter hobbie need something to pass theas long winter days:cool2: