Would Ya?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by FishBrew, Jan 11, 2007.

1. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
  2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    As badly as I would love to catch one of those beasts,I'm not that brave! I would be extremely disappointed.:crazy:

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Sorta looked like the fellow was horseing the fish just a little! JMHO.Anyway I loved that dash out into the lake. Still Rolling on the Floor,But then again I have a sick sence of Humor.I say Give that Man A Beer to Drown his sorrow in LOL.J.D.
    :beat_shot:

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I'm glad there wasn't a video camera around when I did that!

5. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    I don't think I would go in after it, but I am impressed with this guys verbal restraint. I think my reaction would have been a lot more colorful.

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Not a chance, The rest off the day would suck. in that wind and temp. Maybe in the summer

7. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    first I would get real mad, then take the same bait and fish like mad in the same spot, hoping for another one to take the bait.

8. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I wouldn't of jumped in....probably would of said a lot of 4 letter words.

9. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Believe it or not that happened to me but not on purpose accidently. Leaning over to land a fish that was lower than the bank because of low water levels, and in the river I went alond with a nonlanded fish. Ruined a cell phone, canon digital camera. Bad night but we did catch fish. Was a little chilly for the rest of the night but I toughed it out.

Wheelmobile07

10. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I'd have to really believe it was one that big and I had a chance for it. Then, I'd call it a night and go home. Lavon looks about 6 feet low or more.

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice clip!, I would love to catch one like that.

12. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Gadz: It's raining now, but the last time I checked the corps website was about a week or so ago, it had come up a foot or so over the past couple weeks ... down 15.5 feet below normal pool.
    The lake has dropped to a level lower than the old bank before they raised the lake level back in the early 70's. That's why from the clip it only looks like it is a few feet low. It is maybe 5 feet low ... from normal pool in the early 70's. I think the lowest it reached was about a month or so ago, right around 18 feet. There are places in the north end of the lake that had 4 foot of water maybe two years ago, the brush, grass there now is close to head high.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Looks like the guy earned that fish since he was out in some rough conditions. I can understand going in after it since I've done that myself. Too bad it got away. CPR without the photo!

14. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    KEEP FISHIN'
    Last fall, a couple of us were on the Knightsbridge dam on Great Miami River. The guy next to me baited up a live shad and tossed it out about 50 yards. A bit later, big run and fought a nice flathead to the wall, whereupon he suffered a similar premature release, as the leader cut on a rock. Twenty minutes later, guy next to him gets a run and lands a 30-lb flat, with the circle hook and matching leader from the first guy.

Dennis

15. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Last March I was fishing at a friends pond when I had my line break. It broke at my rod tip I assume because of a nick in the eyelet. Well every so often my bobber would re-surface. Guess what. I swam and and caught it. It was only a little three pound channel and a short run back to the house to get warmed up.

16. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    He's a better man than I am ,looked plenty cold to me !!!!!!

17. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Screw all that! If a fish breaks my line, it desrves to get away and live. Plus, I already know the fish can out swim me, that's just common sense.

18. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    That takes some &&***. I would do it if the weather was warmer.

19. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    What would I do?
    Change my Line!

20. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I hate it when that happens,But when a little fish brake's off that really SUCK'S...:dribble: