Would Winning The Lottery Change Your Fishing?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mickey, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Recently there has been some multi million lottery winners. My question is would you allow all of this money change your catfishing habits or your overall way of life. What equipment would you change? Would you retire? Would you move? Travel or invest the money. Be honest with yourself on this one.:big_smile:

2. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    it sure would, i need a really big boat with a/c because of this heat, and maybe alot more gear. the thing it would change most of all is the ability to fish a larger variety of lakes and rivers.....maybe another country. i would love to go catch some wells catfish:big_smile:

3. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

yes it would change my fishing, but the only thing that would change is I would always be on the water. and as for the equipt. change a new boat instead of "leaky John Boat"

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If I won, I would be able to try different boats. It would be nice to get a new one every year like those guys on TV. Only I would be trying out all the overgrown jon boats.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I would invest most of it the rest I would buy me a little newer boat and retire so I could go fishing more. That is the most honest answer I could give.
    Oh I would also try many different locations. :wink:

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I would change locations to a better fishery buy some property on that lake or river,retire, settle down,get fat, fish till I dropped. Thats as honest as it gets:wink:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I would buy a different boat, and invest a bunch in something to make mr a nice retirement. and yes I would go fishing in places I've only dreamed about.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Shucks, if I was filthy rich, I'd just hire someone to fish for me. LOL

9. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Well, I couldn't blame me not being able to catch anything off of cheap equipment and lack of transportation...but other than that, nah...I'd still get skunked...lol

-Red

10. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City

Hell Yes, I'd hire one of You guys to catch My bait for Me!!!! LOL and I bet I would have some much prettier fishing partners

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yes I would change some things, like the phone number and address :smile2::wink:. Acquire some more land, some with great lake ability, then build a few 5-10 acre ponds on it, get the ball rolling faster on the being able to offer hunts and fishing to the disabled, and have one hell-of camp for kids every year!

12. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i would not change my freshwater setup, but would add a larger boat for saltwater fishing. i like to fish with my wife in lakes, but she does not go into the ocean. i don't care to fish with guides so i would not change anything except the saltwater part. i may would stay in nicer motels, but really don't care to be around rich snobs.

13. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Invest most of it. I would update truck and boat and have some acres close to or on a lake plus a few small ponds for the grandkids and their friends to fish.
    Bill

14. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I quit believing in fairy tales about 60 yrs ago...:eek:oooh:

15. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It would change my whole lifestyle! I would have to first hire a lawyer to keep me out of trouble!:wink:

Now as far as fishing, I would have time, money, and equipment, so then I COULD go. (In my own private lake)
    A few new boats, I might even buy Matt one. He don't play the lottery so if anyone wins here it'll be me! Then he'll have to BEG for his stuff, or to borrow mine.:smile2:

16. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    It would not change me as far as what type of personality i would have. It would change my fishing habit, as i would be able to fish more. Would not trade my friends or my Boc fishing family for all the money in the world. Would buy a better boat, little more gear, invest in something to make me my money, and retire to my fishing waters!!!!!

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I can see you have already put some thought into this before this post. Exp: the lawyer. It want hurt Matt to do some begging.:smile2:

18. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Been dreaming about it for YEARS!!! Someday my dreams will come true.
    As for the lawyer, Karma takes to long for me so I intend on some payback (revenge). Some people just don't know how long I can hold a grudge.:smile2:

19. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Retire Buy a baitshop let my little brother run it.Buy a place on the river.

Then buy a couple 1000 acres of cheap farm land near here and proceed to build me some nice ponds on it.

Also I would have to buy a toon for the river and a jon for the ponds.

20. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I know I posted here already but I just remembered a conversation I had with a freind the other day LOL We were talkin bout what we would do with the money from the big lotto that just passed. I was tellin him how I would buy a marina on Santee or the like and hire a few dozen guides full time to go out and fish and hit me on the two way all day and I would just bounce from boat to boat as each spot got slow maybe a helicopter would help get there while they are still pullin the clicker LOL He said Im crazy and I said its what keeps me from goin insane :wink: