Would someone splain something to me?

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Duckpoor, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The whole Crappie Nibbles thing is a mystery to me.
    I love Minnows and a bobber.
    I do well with Jigs as well as minnow tipped Jigs .
    But I have never tried the Nibbles even tho I have seen fellas use them and have success... even swear by them.

So , talk to me Like I am A Third Grader..

Whats the appeal? Sure would be nice to have a bag or Jar of Crappie bait in the Bag, ready when the urge strikes.

Thanks for the guidence in advance guys.

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I never go out with out them. I believe it is the scent and oil trail they give out that attracts the fish. I have also noticed that sometimes different colors work better. Some times it has been about the only way to get the fish to bite. I'm sure others will chime in on this.

3. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    the nibbles are textured like a marshmellow. they add flavor and a mushy texture to your tube jig for the strike. I like to try to color match my nibbles to my tubes so I have them in yellow, white, charchuse and orange. And I can also say that when fishing if I loose my nibble on a strike I usualy will not get another strike untill I put another nibble back on. I fish three ways for crappies one with tubes, one with minnows, and one with fly rod.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Think of it this way.

A yellow crappie nibble looks like corn. I have caught many a bluegill and crappie in farm ponds baited up with fresh corn.

5. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    These Crappie nibbles that you speak of, is this something that you can get at Wal-Mart or Bass Pro? Im new to this also. This fall will be my first year of Crappie fishing, so any info on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

6. martomhan

martomhan New Member

State:
    Texas
    I got mine at walmart. They have all colors. Good Luck.

7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I use the nibbles as well. Thay have a "fishy" smell to them. I've also done well with pieces of work, minnows, etc. but the nibbles are super convenient.

8. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I carry 'em but rarely use them. Generally I go with tube jig, jig & minnow or gold hook with minnow. Anything can help, but crappie are mostly sight feeders.

9. Cornmeal and Catfish

Cornmeal and Catfish New Member

State:
    Covington, Louisiana
    I like the chartreuse GLOW crappie nibbles. I usually use them once the bite gets tought, seems like I can pull a few more from the same spot.