Would like to thank flathead willie!

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by vacatfish, May 14, 2006.

1. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Brother thank you for all the help you give and have gave. you mean alot to the family you help more then i think you know.

The help you give about the james and the details you give about it along with other areas. is really outstanding.

Im sure im not the only brother who will tell you the same. thank you for all you do for us and the sport you love. and for being a member of the family.

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Anything I can do to make fishing more fun and productive is what this is all about. I've had a ball fishing around here the last 25 years. I'd like to spread the joy!

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    All I got to say about Roanoke is that there is this little place in downtown called Corn Beef and Company. Good food and Guiness on tap!
    I had the luxury of dropping several hundred in a few nights Febuary of last year there.
    Spent 3 days there working on all 3 of their Auto Zones.
    I'd like to back there just to eat and drink some day.

4. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    corn beef and co. is pretty good, im only about 40min. from roanoke, well used to be, now in NC at Ft. Bragg, but Mark you already knew that, how did the striper fishing request turn out Willie, hope i was able to help ya out.

5. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Hey Mudslinger,
    How are you doing? Yea, you helped. We got hooked up with David D. and spent the night catfishing but only caught about three cats all night. Then tried for stripers at dawn but didn't get any. OH well! Better luck next time. catsNstripers said he would try to get us out soon. The biggest cat was about 4-5 pounds.
    How are things down south? PM or email me and we'll talk more.
    Thanks again

6. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Aw Shucks! Thanks Hound. Maybe someday maybe we'll get to pick and fish together. How cool is that? I used to have a Pignose I took to the river so I could practice and fish at the same time. The only bad part was getting all that fish slime on my strings!!! Oh well, you got to suffer if you want to play the Blues.

7. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Id like to thank flathead willie as well, Very knowledgeable and non selfish about helping us younger fisherman out.

THanks again Flathead Willie for the help that you gave me regarding the James river float trip i plan on taking.

Trey Wheeler
    Wheelmobile

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Billie that is great to hear that you are helping out other BOC members, that is what it is all about.

9. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    I finally realized that I can't catch them all no matter how hard I fish. Might as well help someone else so I can share in their fun. Knowledge, like Love, is no good until you give it away!

10. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    well things down south aint doin so bad, hooked up with a NC member down here he showed me a couple hot spots on the river so hopefully ill start catchin some of these monsters they pull outta here, just waitin for the end of the month so i can get back up to VA, mite even bring the boat and head to leesville for some fishin, depends on gas $ though.

11. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Well I hope you get a chance to get out on the water when you get home. What are you doing so far away, anyhow? Are you in the service or in school? And thank you for turning me on to that great web site. If there is anything I can do for you, just give me a holler!

12. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Flathead that is true. i hear that metal calling your name.

13. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    yea im in the army stationed down here at Ft. Bragg, not to bad here, just aint home, know what i mean, only 2 1/2 hrs. away. i believe im gonna get out at the end of the year my time is up, gotta decide if im gonna re-enlist or not, i just made Sgt. and have been on 2 trips to iraq, i know good jobs are hard to come by these days, but this city military life just aint for a ol country boy like me, i need to be around the woods and stuff, it drives me crazy down here. guess ill start lookin in Lynchburg and Roanoke for some good jobs, my dad used to work in Roanoke at a printing company called Source 4 or something at the end of Starky Rd. i believe, i should be able to find something half descent with my military background, we shall see i guess.

14. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Thank you for serving your country and the time you have gave you have my respect and hats off to you.

15. draghook

draghook New Member

State:
    Shawsville Va
    Flathead Willie! I got a old 335 TD Gibson if you wana play some Blues.:big_smile:

16. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Sure, but where's Shawsville? I used to have a 1957 ES335. Still got a couple Gibsons. Gonna be playing at the Noketown club next Wed. night with Fat Daddy Band.

17. draghook

draghook New Member

State:
    Shawsville Va
    Shawsville is about 30 miles s/w of Star city. My ES335 is middle 70's and I have a 12string Martin 1967 vintage I bought new back then. Well beter get back to fishing keep up the good work. N:cool2:

18. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Hey Willie, do you have any cd's of your music? Blues rule for sure.

19. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Here's something for you blues guys..

awhile back I was screwing around on my pc, checking out recording on it and a drum machine software I had gotten..

Its a bass and drum track I came up just goofing around
    Its basically a 12 bar blues. Starts in G, goes to C, Back to G, then D to C ..

Something you can play around with if want...
    Its 2.3mb
    http://www.smackcentral.net/misc/mispentyouth/Blues.mp3

20. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks Tim, It's got a funky little jazz thing going on in there. Pretty cool.