Would like to hear from members who fish Lake Chicot in south arkansas

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catmando2, Jan 3, 2007.

1. catmando2

catmando2 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Am a new member to the boc and would like to hear from any members who fish lake chicot in south arkansas for catfish

2. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    i've never fished chicot , but i do know they hand grab some big fish outa there............

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    welcome to the hood catmando....we used to go down there every year ..we caught some huge gizzard shad outta that ox-bow..then we went to udora out past the fish farm and put in at the levee and worked our way to the mississippi river and drifted the current from the levee to the river..my fist cat was a 22lb mississippi white...we tore e'm up..i try to go back 1 time every year...you can ask the locals where the levee ramp is at the bait shop in udora..it is home made but safe and you won't get stuck:crazy:

4. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    Hey welcome to the boc. I love fishin' lake Chicot! I've been wondering if anybody fished the same lakes I do. I usually fish it several times a year.

5. catmando2

catmando2 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thank' s to those who replied to my Lake Chicot thread, it is my main lake to fish in south Arkansas and has given hours of fun and some good eating cats. Am new to the BOC and am having to learn to navigate the site. Once I get used to it maybe I can contribute tips and tactics that have worked for me in the past.

Thank's Again
    Catmando2

6. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Welcome to the BOC. What part of Arkansas ya from?

7. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Welcome to the BOC! I have not fished it but have wanted to try it out. Maybe we can get together some time and do some fishing! Would love to have you at the Arkansas Gathering, just jump on the Member Gathering forum and luck up Arkansas D.B Memorial gathering!!!

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I would like to give a great big welcome to the B.O.C. If you should have a question or problem, shoot me a Pm. I will help anyway that I can.

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hey WElcome To the BOC John I have never fish it but boing to try this YR:0a25:

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Catmando! I've never fished Chicot, but I've been wanting to since the F&G took the limit off channel cats there. Sounds like a good trip to replenish the freezer.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    J Trew it is good to see you posting again.The last I heard you were sick. I enjoy your post and the items you have in the library. Glad to see you are back and wanting to fill the freezer with channels.:0a22: :big_smile_2:

12. catmando2

catmando2 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Tank's to all of you who have replied to my post's about fishing lake chicot in south arkansas, I am a new member who is trying to learn how to work this site and communicate with all of you.
    I just returned from lake chicot after a three day stay and the wind advisories and cold weather kept me off the lake except for 1 day.
    on monday afternoon from 3:00 untill 8:00 January 08 my dad and I caught 26 small cats on yo-yo's using cold worms for bait. Also tried crappie shiners but did not have any bites on them, thought we might catch some crappie but it did not happen. Rain in the forecast so we decided to come home and do battle with the cats another day.

Viva Lake Chicot
    Catmando2