would like some info

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by whitney weese, Jun 22, 2008.

1. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    hello and how are yal. Im not from ark even tho i was born in ft. smith ( so i guess that make me a some of the south). i live in oklahoma. i was looking at the army core nav. chart and ran across something that is buging me. the army has ozark-Jeta taylor lock and dam as lock 12 and Dardanelle as lock and dam 10. if this is so. what happend to lock and dam 11. would think the army would forget a dam or miss number them. the data was updated this year. and if it is an over site. you would think they would have found it by now.

2. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    I've wondered the same thing.Here's my theory,they left room for a future dam.Maybe someone that KNOWS will post.

3. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    1. Norrell Lock & Dam (Tichnor, AR)
    2. Wilbur Mills Lock (Tichnor, AR)
    3. Joe Hardin Lock (Altheimer, AR)
    4. Emmett Sanders Lock (Pine Bluff)
    5. Lock & Dam Number 5 (Tucker, AR)
    6. David D. Terry Lock & Dam (Scott, AR)
    7. Murray Lock & Dam (Little Rock, AR)
    8. Toad Suck Ferry Lock & Dam (Conway, AR)
    9. Arthur V. Ormond Lock & Dam (Morrilton, AR)
    10. Dardanelle Lock & Dam (Russellville, AR)
    11. Ozark-Jeta Taylor Lock & Dam (Ozark, AR)​
    12. James W. Trimble Lock & Dam (Barling, AR, near Van Buren)

This tells me that either something happened to one of the other dams, or that they, indeed, did not edit their information.

4. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
    I've always wondered the same thing...this is the page I view for river levels and there is no #11 on it either

James W. Trimble Lock & Dam (L&D 13)
    Ozark-Jetta Taylor Lock & Dam (L&D 12)
    Dardanelle Lock & Dam (L&D 10)
    Arthur V. Ormond Lock & Dam (L&D 9)
    Toad Suck Ferry Lock & Dam (L&D 8)
    Murray Lock & Dam (L&D 7)
    David D. Terry Lock & Dam (L&D 6)
    Lock & Dam No. 5
    Emmett Sanders Lock & Dam (L&D 4)
    Joe Hardin Lock & Dam (L&D 3)
    Wilbur D. Mills Dam (Dam No. 2)
    Lock No. 2
    Lock No. 1
    Montgomery Point Lock & Dam

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    It is very possible that the dam used to be there, but has since been removed. This means that there is a very good chance that there is a submerged/destroyed lock/dam and that is typically a very good fishing hole.

6. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    If you compare the teacher's notes that I posted to her post, the Taylor-Jeta dam was dam 11 and based on her list, it is still in place. I can tell you Murray, Terry and Toad Suck are in place, so check the other dams on your chart and compare them to the teacher's list. My GUESS is that the missing dam is actually one of the other dams. OR, it is a misprint. I compared the two lists and all of the dams are on the list.

7. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I have compard the ark river navigation charts with the teachers notes and came up with this. she is right. all the dams are there. their is 12 dams in ark. along the white and ark river. but the numbering is off.
    01. Norrell Lock & Dam 1
    02. Dont have the name Lock & Dam2
    03. Joe Hardin Lock & Dam 3
    04. Emmett Sanders Lock & Dam 4
    05. Jefferson County Lock & Dam 5
    06. David D. Terrry Lock & Dam 6
    07. Murry Lock & Dam 7
    08. Toad Suck Ferry Lock & Dam 8
    09. Arthur V. Ormond Lock & Dam 9
    10. Dardnelle Lock & Dam 10
    11. No Lock & Dam
    12. Ozark-Jeta Taylor Lock & Dam 12
    13. James W. Trible Lock & Dam 13
    now where is Lock & Dam 11. there is about to be 13 dams in ark. they are building one at the mouth of the white River. and if they name it Lock & Dam 11. that will realy be messed up. and if they took one out. I would like to know where it is. It would be a great place to fish it. and if some one knows where it is. share in the fun.there is enough fish for every one

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Lock and Dam 11 was a brainstorm, the dam was to be built between Ozark and Dardanelle but the engineers decided to raise the Dardnaelle dam 15 to 20 more feet to make up for missing 11. Info received from Mr Henry Hinstat engineer for the corps

9. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
    Verlon, thanks for the info!

Whitney, that dam is called Montgomery Point and it has been in operation for at least a couple years now. Go back out to the Arkansas Rivers section and scroll down to "Looking for a boat launch" I posted directions there for another BOC member. It's a pretty good place to fish.........