would like info on az big catfish

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by gator07, Oct 22, 2009.

1. gator07

gator07 New Member

State:
    ca.
    Hi guys & gals!! just wanted to know were to fish for the big ones in phoenix area coming there in a month for holidays want to get some fishing in.I'll be fishing from shore.Want is the best bait to use,were to fish.roosevelt or plesant,barlet?Any info would be great!!! thank you!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
  2. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    welcome to the B.O.C. Kevin ,:big_smile: you are on the right track with your lake picks. lots of people to help you here .

3. gator07

gator07 New Member

State:
    ca.
    Thank you ya there are alot of good people here.I'm not sure were to fish there.That is why I'm asking for help.

4. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az
    Howdy az got sum good cats,my pb is 49 lbs roosevelt lake,i only fish it at tonto end cause i can have my boat in the h20 and fishing in less then 30 mins.i put in at indian point but this is a great spot for shore fishing.when crowd and boats leave at dark i throw out on boat ramp as far as i can,ramp is rip rap up both sides. or fish to the west of ramp big flat that cats feed on.signs all over that say no this no that,but who can read signs in the dark.

5. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    :smile2: I like it!

6. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az
    Oops forgot the bait right now im catching lots of channels on worms and minnow combo,flats are live gills,and some on cut bait.my grandson caught a 15 lb flat on a 10 dollar zebco with a gob of worms.sometimes who knows

7. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    This should all depend on what side of town you will reside in. There is no doubt, that Roosevelt is the Best Lake in AZ for going after monsters. Roosevelt just produces more cats over 30 on a consistent basis, then anyother Lake in AZ. Only a retard would argue with that, and this site has a few. However, Bartlett, and Pleasant has very nice catfish too. If you are going to be out here in the East Valley, scratch Pleasant clean off your list, and just go to Roosevelt/Upper Salt River. Pleasant is 1 1/2 hours from Mesa. So it will mainly depend on where you are going to be at, while staying down here. Of course, the title to this thread is az BIG catfish, what is big to you?!?!?! That is why I say Roosevelt.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  8. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    im going 2 be tryin rosie myself soon. whats the easiest way 2 get there and should i take my boat? if i dont take a boat do i need 4x4 2 get 2 all the good spots?

9. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Dude that avatar made me pee a little!!!! A bit from fear and a bit from laughing!!! Red pirate chick needs to find her way back.

10. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    u peed a little!!! i puked in my mouth

11. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    hay man for u it would be to go throu globe that way. and if u are going to fish the lake from shore its hard there is a shit load of submerdged trees and bushes along the south side of the lake and no u dont need a 4x4 2wd is fine all of the areas on the east end are paved

12. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    i love this pic. i laugh everytime i c it. im thinkin bout takin a trip 2 the big dog-rosie. is the upper salt good thru nov-dec?

13. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    if u get more towerds the mouth of it

14. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    After I got used to it she kinda looks like my chihuahua

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  15. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    heard through the grapevine that is his real picture.:tounge_out:
    gary

16. gator07

gator07 New Member

State:
    ca.
    Thank you guys for the help!! I'm going to be in az nov.23 I'll be At roosevelt that night for night fishing.Anybody want to go fishing let me know.I'll be there,we can meet at the lake or pick you up on the way.If you are ever in cal.& want to go fishing just let me know.I'll put you on the fish.

17. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    this pic was taken after my 1st flat.

18. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    where did you get the picture of my brother inlaw ?:angry:

19. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member