Would anyone be interested

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by SSG Johnson, Aug 20, 2005.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I saw something today that I have never seen before it was a rod holder in the back of a guys truck it was at an angle that put the rods just above the tail gate and the reels where fimly attached at the other end of the rod. The guy has fly fishing equipment (rods) on his and was rigged up not something that looked like he had bought has anyone every seen anything like this or would you be interested in trying to make something like this for sale.....

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Sound very interesting. Can you get a pic or something?

3. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    sounds like it would be easy to make with pvc pipe and a board to hold them

4. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    yea, saw something like that the other day. It was in a guys blazer, hanging off the ceiling from side to side. It looked like about a 1" fabric strap with velcro loops. keeps the rods about 4" apart. Should be easy enough to make.

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    and well worth it if you got a truck or suv,
    Ive had mine for years and love it, frees up all kinds or room.
    Just be careful with leaving hooks or lures on poles.

6. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah I seen some like it before, JW on the board here makes rod holders for bank fishing and the same one in the bed of a truck for transporting them. it's pretty cool.

7. willisjj

willisjj Guest

I am still looking for some kind of rod holder for my Explorer. Right now I have a bungee cords stretched across the interior roof area and my hooks are always hanging on the ceiling and its just a big dang mess, lol. I don't want to spend a 100 bucks on one either although I have seen some nice ones in that range. I guess I ain't creative enough to come up with something myself as everything I have tried was a big flop!

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Hey willis check out basspro or catfish connection they probably have it too.
    The thing I use in my Explorer is called Vehicle Rod Carrier by Rod Saver.
    Item# 21 394 338 00 basspro. about 17 dollars, and holds 7 rods.
    Its been well worth it.

9. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I think it would be really easy to build out of PVC all you would need is a four 45 degree angles and some fittings it was cool but i didnt have the camera to get any pictures of it.

10. buzz crackstock

buzz crackstock New Member

State:
    Springfield, IL
    I made this one and it works great. Easy to load and unload with or without the rods strapped in place.

11. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Very Nice Buzz that kinda what it was but the rods stuck up at about a 45 degree angle that is a nice one you got there though. I might try and build on like that I think i like it better.

12. buzz crackstock

buzz crackstock New Member

State:
    Springfield, IL
    mine sets on a plane above the height of the sides of the truck bed. This enables you to utilize all space beneath the rods. You can also use the bottom of the frame that sets directly on the bed to hold items in place that might slide or roll around. It is approximately 24 inches wide and I can fit 8 large rigs comfortably and securely.

13. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thanks Derbycity. I will check that out, probably go ahead and buy it if its only 17 bucks before I end up tearing up my headliner or worse, my rods, lol.

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i like that buzz - i'll have to do something like that

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Heres an affective one that I have been usein for years. I figured I would toss it in. LOL!

16. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Big George I like that for sure I was wondering what to do when I get a camper for my truck and I think that is the answerer thanks for posting that.

17. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Big george that sure is a nice set up for transporting your gear. great job

18. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I think jeremy built one from pvc that fits in the bed of his truck last year.

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    sure did. ill get a pic up tomorrow if i remember. it holds 10 rods vertical behind cab. keeps them from tangeling and getting smashed.