Would a pyramid weight work for a lake or a creek if there really isnt any current?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Rajun_Cajun, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well all i know of pyramid weights doing is diggin themselves into the mud... but thats only in rivers were there is a current. so just some tips or advice would be nice

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    any weight will work for no current:)

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Like what was said you can use any weight. But arent pyramid weights usualy on the bigger side when comparing different weight. Hey what ever you can get at a reasonable price by all means use.

4. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yep just remeber the littler weight on the end (but as much as needed) the better. If no current at all i bet 1/2 ounce or so would be enough

5. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    RC, the pyramids are my favorite when I'm tightlining. I believe they hold better than most other weight designs.
    The way I rig mine is;
    <---J--------
    Weight and loop a hook on about 3' above the weight.
    Will

6. comanchero

comanchero New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    My recommendation is to use as little weight as possible to anchor your bait. I use a slip sinker rig about 99% of the time so the sinker is only used to cast the bait and only heavy enough to hold the bait to the bottom in the spot I want to present bait. If there is no current and I was fishing cut bait, I would try to get by without any weight at all. Sometimes a fish can detect the sinker and may hesitate taking the bait - if I could get by without a sinker I would try it. The weight of a good chunk of cut bait might be all you need.