Worthwine CVA

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Icemanxxxv, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Icemanxxxv

Icemanxxxv New Member

State:
    Smithville Missouri
    Thursday weather permiting I'm heading to Worthwine Conservation Area. Kind of a scouting/fishing trip. It will be my first time up there and I've been wanting to go for a while now. The MDC MAp shows a mess of wing dikes to fish from. I'll post some pics and a report on the area When I get home.

2. paddle

paddle New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Durring the summer I have better luck at the south end. With this weather and the recent rain I would try Tom Brown access by Nodaway. The confluence with the Missouri is always interesting. You never know what you will catch. I have even caught sauger there by accident.--paddle:0a17:

3. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    Happy Birthday Tony:006:

4. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Big things are in store for Worthwine area as the Conservation Dept is cuttin a channel through the river bank at the north end and will run it south till it connects back to the river and plans are to have a bridge and island set up in the future.All the wing dikes in that area have good depth on the ends to hold blues but I have not worked on them yet to see if they will pan out. Know of several good places to fish in the area as its my home waters if ya can call it that. Spent the last 20 plus years fishin there off and on and still workin on gettin it down to know whats the best and when to go. I have caught some blues downstream aways in the 40 t0 50lb range and I know the flats are big in that area. The MDC shocks it sometimes and gets some in the 60`s in their surveys.Wish they would declare it a trophy stretch and ya could only take a small number of big fish out in any given yr. Too many lines at times but not as many as that is run at Farley.

5. Icemanxxxv

Icemanxxxv New Member

State:
    Smithville Missouri
    Headed up there Thursday morning. The road in was a bit muddy and cut around the river mile 357. The only wing dike we could get on would be under water when the river rises. We didn't have any luck and i will post some pics of the dike later. The river channel they are cutting will make it nice to fish. Looks to be about 30 to 40 feet deep in spots. I talked to one of the guys working out there and he said they hope to have finished sometime next year. I hope they allow for more river access,