Worth sharing

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by diver268, Jul 6, 2006.

1. diver268

diver268 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Diver thank you for posting this. it is true we get only what sells and not everything that's needed by us.

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    That is on hard chargin' motivated DEVIL DOG and he is one tough SOB!!! SEMPER FI!!

Aaron

TA2D

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    Good post, I've been there and the good things the Soldiers and Marines do everyday are always overlooked. The bad stuff is what is played over and over on tv until it is burnt into our minds.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

That was great if the media ever reported anything but doom and gloom I might watch it more often.

6. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    So true. That's why I hate the media sometimes. They depict whatever they want to and can spin it any way they want without showing everything like our heros. JMO.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO

That is one great post to read bright and early in the morning. Thanks for posting. Welcome to the BOC.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Great post Bruce. Its good to see something besides the doom and gloom that is reported. The home town of Brian Chontosh should show their appreciation of him alot more than they have. If not for him and all the men and women in the military doing what they do we wouldnt be free to enjoy life as we know it. Sometimes we take that for granted but my hats off to all of them.

9. diver268

diver268 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I really didnt think I would get the responses I have. I have a daughter in the Air Force and a future son-in-law in Iraq. I guess it sort of hit home. With the brotherhood on this board I just thought I would pass it on. I know it was on another board but I just thought it would be appreciated here too. Thanks again for the support.

10. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks for sharing this brother.

11. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for posting that. That's an incredible story.

12. Norm

Norm New Member

State:
    Freeport, IL
    You could write volumes of what is not in the newspapers, or broadcast media. They think they are sooooo important, and of course have no agenda. The important things are being done by single individuals and groups of military personal, and the civilian personnel in Iraq, Afganistan, and other parts of the world. The media are the useless ones, and everyone is beginning to realize it. Just look at the readership of the major newspapers, and the ratings of the major broadcast news. The major news outlets are becoming irrelevant. People are finding the important news. Everyone outside of the liberal elite are rightly proud of everyone who serves their country, and especially those who go above and beyond their duties. I am one of those who is proud of being an american, and proud of the good people willing to defend to the death, americans, and the american way of life. Evil always tries to tear down and destroy good. So what does that make the "mainstream" media?

13. catstalker32

catstalker32 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the post. Really makes one proud to be an American. Thanks to men and women like Brian Chontosh and your daughter, people like us here in the brotherhood can enjoy each and everyday. Seems today, so many forget who fought for this county and why. Thanks again and god bless our troops!

14. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    all I would like to say is:
    Semper Fidelis

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Thanks For Sharing Bro That Was Cool