Worst thing while fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kspor, May 4, 2006.

What offends you most as a fisherman(woman)

1. Jetskis

2. Water skiers

3. Trash

4. Vandalism

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    What offends you most when fishing

Jetskis

Waterskiers

Trash

Vandalism

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Probably all the above.Also when i'm not catching any fish too.

3. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    All the above,plus rude behavior from bass fishermen when there doing 60mph and dont bother to slow down and wake you. I expect that kinda behavior from the typical rec boaters,not from a fellow fisherman.So i guess thats the worst,rude behavior from a fellow fisherman!

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hands down, JET SKI'S! water ski/pleasure boaters with no respect a close second! and third, those crazy bass fishermen.

5. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
    actually the ski boats suck from that huge wake.

YOU FORGOT MOSQUITOES

6. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I don't mind jet skiers or waterskiers as long as they are responsible and respectful. I know that if i go out cattinduring the day, especially the weekends they will be there. I just deal with it. And just think. Some of the money your state makes from them goes towards devoloping our fisheries. My worst pet peeve is other fisherman, especially cat fisherman, that do not protect our fish. I have a friend that caught a 56 pound blue and put it in the back of his truck and drug it around all night showing it off, it died. that's one less big fish for somebody else to catch and many many eggs that will never be laid. That is worse, in my opinion, than any wake somebody can produce.

7. arz6x2

arz6x2 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i agree for me, a bank fishermen, trash can really ruin the experince. i go fishing to get away from it all and relax. Enjoying the outdoors isnt genuine when you are lookiing at 5 mcdonalds cups and wrappers all around you.

8. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Trash for me. Jetski's and water skiers don't realy bother me. They have just as much right to be there as I do. As long as they don't bother my fishing. Trash and dumping is a major problem on the rivers here in indiana. Vandalism would tick me off but I realy don't see much of it. Last time I went to the river I found two old chairs, about 75 cans, a fish aquairium,paint bucket,fishing rod and rod holder (mine now:big_smile: ), 55gallon barrel, 7 miles of fishing line, and a big pile of asphalt shingles. If this keeps happening I'm gonna lose my best fishing spot.

9. Dosse

Dosse New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Rude fisherman really bother me the most, then i would have to rate the trash next. Where i do most of my fishing skiers are not really that much of an issue, because i fish many small rivers and such that are not ideal places to ski

10. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Trash for me too!!! I don't mind a little wave action from the obnoxious jetskiers, but finding trash all over my fish spot just sucks. I normally take a large garbage bag with me so that I can clean it up a bit before I fish!!

11. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    That was kind of a tough question. But, I had to pick jetskiers. My reasoning is, THEY ARE REALLY ANNOYING!!!!! I don't see too many water skiers around here. Trash can be picked up. And some forms of vandalism can make nice cover for fish.

12. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Aaron, before you can be considered rude, you need to know the difference. So, bass fishermen aren't rude, they are just ignorant. lol

13. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My biggest issue is with trash or I should say the idiots that leave it.

14. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    see now i'd say they all are bad... Jetskis tend to show very little respect for you, Water skiers just see you as an obstacle that they have to go around at their high speeds, Trash is just dicouraging... whether its from fellow fishermen or from other boaters they should know better or atleast make an attempt at going back and picking up their trash if it accidentally blows/falls off... and Vandalism is just pointless...

15. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The trash we can handle, pick up one bag full each time you go fishing. I know the big stuff cant be put in a bag but the little stuff can. I agree with Max above, those skiers, and fancy boats is what keeps the boat docks financed. Nobody would care if they closed them if only fisherman were around. Be nice and wave to them and tell them to keep coming.:crazy:

16. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Bassholes! Bassholes! Bassholes! You can get away from jetskis, waterskiers in the fall, winter and some in the spring but the bassholes are always there flying 60 to 70mph back and forth, on top of your lines, look at you like your not supposed to be there, and then think theyre to good to wave at you.Most of em want even talk at the boat ramp just get the boat on the trailor and haul @55, jump in front of you to get their boat on first and the list just keeps going.I dont mean to offend any bass fisherman just the bassholes, theyre is a difference.

17. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I hate trash on the bank, some people just think the Earth is their garbage can and it makes me sick. Trash is a big problem around most of the urban areas I fish. Vandalism is another problem, not as bad though, mostly just stuff sprayed on bridges. And jet skiers, most keep their distance, but some feel the need to get as close to my lines as possible when I'm fishing from the bank.

18. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I really hate seeing trash laying around on the bank

19. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    definitley has to be boaters and bass fishermen that know that your there and go running past you doing 60 MPH like they own the place.I can always pick up the trash.But if i did to those boaters what id like to do id go to jail.

20. haroldlp

haroldlp New Member

State:
    IN
    My all time pet peeve used to be a$$holes in ski boats till they invented jet skis.

My cousins now husband had a jet boat on Lake of the Ozarks in the late 50's and loved trying to swamp me in our little jon boat. He still has the scars from my catching him with an old bomber plug as he went past, was his 3rd try to swamp me in 15 minutes. Set both sets of trebles then cut the line, he never did it again.:lol: :big_smile:

Would love to do the same to the jerk jet skiers now. I can't even fish on the lake I live on all summer for all the lakers that come just for the summer with their big jet boats and skis.