Worst nightmare/reality

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CountryHart, Sep 21, 2008.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    My greatest fear has come true i think. Had 2 places on my leg yesterday that itched and i never thought much about it. Today the spots have turned red and they are draining considerable amounts of funky stuff. I think i've been bitten by a spider.:confused2: I'm terrified of the little 8 legged beast and would have rather a rattler gotten me. Spiders make a nasty lookin wound.

2. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    John don't waste time and get it looked at. My wifes cousin was bit and if the right kind of spider it can be bad. Better to find out it ain't nothing than take a chance. Will be thinking about you.

3. ldkitch

ldkitch New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    John, you better get your CountryButt to the Dr!!!!! Dont mess with a spider bite!!!! Dont make me sick Cher on You!!!:tounge_out: Seriuosly, dont wait, it may get worse as the day goes on!

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was readin and they say there is no anti-venum in either the US or Canada. Guess ya just slowly rot away:confused2: Dang i hate spiders and am seriously contemplating burning the house just to make sure i get the 8 legged sucker.:smile2: According to what i've read and the pic's, it's likely a bite, or 2 bites rather.:sad2:

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    John, I hope it aint serious, get it looked at soon brother. Ill share a trick here with everyone. Get some cans of Boric Acid Powder and sprinkle under sinks and dark spots where they might hide. The powder will suck the moisture out of them and all bugs and they will just shrivel up. Lasts longer than poison and less dangerous. Hope this helps. Usually called ROACH PROOF.

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oh that sucks to get bit by a spider. I got bit by a brown recluse. Started out about like a mosquito bite, then the center of it turned white like a zit, then it popped, and turned black with a big red ring around it. By the following envening, there was a dime size hole in my leg, and red streaks running up my thigh. That's when I went to the ER. Got loads of antibiotics. My wound didn't get much bigger than a quarter, but sometimes, it will spread much bigger. For the next week or so, I had a slight fever, a rash over most of my body, and fatigue.

What the Dr. said, is that they treat all spider bites the same, with certain antibiotics. Mostly to stop any staph infection. Apparently, any spider that is capable of puncturing your skin can give you a staph infection.

Go get your meds!

7. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Gawd, I hate Spiders..............Take care of yerself dude....:cool2:

8. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    John, Your getting good advice, See the doc. They can get outta control.
    I work at a hosp. ( engineering) and seen a lot of brown recluse bites, because in my dept. we kinda work in dark places where they live.:cool2:

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Get Your Butt to the DOCTOR soon as possible.!!!!

10. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What? Its been 26 hrs?Ohh nevermind John, but when it gets dark out and you cant see,well,ohh nevermind. Really see a doctor!!
    smokey

11. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    the longer you wait the more damage can occur,see a doctor! could be a black widow or worse yet a brown recluse!!!!

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc

Oh man, same here Matt. I waited and mine got huge and the hole was as big as a pencil. Looked like a volcano on my ankle. I couldn't afford the doctors but I finally had to go. I couldn't walk for over a month...really bad.

I finally healed and then I got bit again 1 inch from the last bite...... I went and got the antibiotics right away this time, LOL.

Like you exactly. Starts out exactly like a ant bite. A small white pimple but its a real hard pimple.

Waist no time or you will be in a ton of pain soon. They attack your muscular system and swell/freeze you joints up.....hurts !!!

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    It's quit draining and the swelling seems to be going down. Still redness, but not as bad. I'll go to the Dr. tomorrow if it's not better. From folks i've spoken with, the antibiotics is about all he can do. I been puttin triple antibiotic on it. I just wish i knew where the thing nabbed me at? God forbid it happened in my bed.:confused2:

14. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    That would be best because if it is a spider bite the ointment , soaking or cleaning the bite wont work, thats what I was doing. They will load ya up on some strong pills to work from the inside. They do take awhile to work but they do.

G'luck tomorrow

-Jim-

15. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great, I gotta go and read this right before bed!!!:crazy:
    I hate spiders. They creep me out.

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Alright John get that dang thing cut out. That is the easiest way! They just (They being the DR!!) cut out a small portion and then drain and irrigate the rest, no biggy really!

17. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Same Here, I almost lost a couple of fingers to a brown recluse, had red streaks past my elbow. The doc said it was the poison traveling to my heart!

18. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW !!!! NO JOKE, >>>GO NOW !!!!

19. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I knew a guy that got bite by a Brown recluse, it weakened him so much that he got pneumonia and passed away:sad2: They are nothing to mess with

20. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    John, please let us know how it goes. Now I've got the creepy crawlies!:eek:oooh::crazy::wink: