Worst night turned to the best night

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by JERMSQUIRM, Apr 22, 2006.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i went fishing thursday to gear up for my annual fish fry. i went to clinton lake to the hot spot i fish. well to make a long story short i had about 10 on a stringer and started another. it had 8 from 4-7lbs and i was attaching a 9th and it slipped into the abyss. and the 9th fell free as well. :crying: well as they were going out and down from the fellas (my neighbor) light he had in the water i could see them swimming off the stringer. he fishes with a bright green light submersed in the water. thats one reason i always use rope stringers. the fish cant get free from hooks if its lost.

so any how i was depressed. all that work gone. they (neighbor and 2 friends) were tied off to me in his boat fishing the other bank. they caught several and were throwing them back. they kept asking me if i wanted thiers. i said no. i keep only what i catch and if they wern't gonna eat em toss them back. i would say they caught 15 or so.

i caught a total of 36 fish that night. i brought home 24 still after loosing 9. what a great night. that was the most fun i have ever had catfishing.
    sure wish i could get some of ya all to have a lil gathering at clinton sometime. man the fishing is good.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    here are some more pics of the eve. and bait was cut shad for the most part. i used a few live bluegills trying to intice a flathead if there happened to be one there. ended up with the three biggest chalnnels of the eve on them. swollowing them head first.

3. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    well Congrads on the fish sorry about the lost of the others

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    a few more pics. the boat i owe credit to with the awesome keelshield i won on the b.o.c.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

not at all. i was glad when i seen them swimming off. i was a tad upset but not at the end of the eve. that would have been more than i would have wanted to clean anyhow,lol. i fished from 5pm to 11pm and boated 36. i got home at 1 and took till 3am to get the ones i kept cleaned. i think i got enough for the fish fry in one eve. be alot of releasing now if they continue to bite like this.

i got to get a new battery for the camcorder. a night like that would have been great as a vid for the b.o.c.

i took a 6 pack of bud and a 6 of busch na non alcohol with me. it took fron 5 to 9:30 to get though the bud. i had no time to spare. two at a time a few times. its hard to reel one between your legs and one in hand and keep them both tight lined,lol.

6. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Hey Jeremy, there is a bunch of us going to be down at Clinton this coming Sat. 4/29/06.

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    That's a nice mess of Cats you have there :eek: - "Way-To-Go"! :thumbsup:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

8. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Very nice pics there jeremy, glad it was you that had all that cleaning, thats the only part of fishing I get tired of, lol.
    P.S. thats why I take the son along, hehehe.

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    man them are some fine looking channels, look really clean too! now i'm hungry:D

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well we went back sunday. it was slow. there is a lot of fishing pressure there. this one old fella goes 3-4 times a week. i heard him telling his partner last eve he had caught like 26-22-18. in the last three trips. i havent seen him toss any back. so there prob getting a bit thin.

we caught 4. three nice pan fryers we kept and the big en in the pic i pictured and put back. hopfully he can escape the other hooks for a bit. the prob with this spot is everyone knows about it.