Worst gift EVER! Confess yours here.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by sal_jr, Dec 21, 2005.

1. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Ok so whats the gift you got that you absolutely were puzzled about- the gift or gifts you recieved that you are sure youre going to pass along or dump cause theyre so far off from anything remotely like you or your interests:

Mine of all time came this year.

I am not catholic and never was. Nor am I nor was I ever mexican. This year I got a made-in-China "our Lady of Guadalupe" throw pillow, complete with a lil embroidered jesus, embroidered rays of sun, and all bordered by embroidered roses....Oh yeah- one other thing: Since it was made in China, Mary has a lil slant to her eyes.

I sit on pillows cause thats what they are for. What am I going to do knowing that there is potenital for the Blessed Mexican Catholic Mother of God, Mary- between my buttocks and my ice fishing bucket lid? If I remove the manufacturer's tag will I go to prison or Hell? If I get fish blood on it in the right place can I pass it off as stigmata?

SECOND GIFT- Same person: I recieved a box that holds my wedding ring I think- It has a folded velvet slot for displaying rings in it, as well as a circular velvet thing for a watch to sit on. Oh.... one other thing.... when you open it, it plays "Blue Danube" and when you close it there is a big ole fat painted pink rose on the lid.

IM A DUDE!!!! WHAT GIVES?

So whats your worst gift ever?

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    The year I got married, at Christmas, I was working for a company that decided everyone would have their names put in for a secret santa thing. The person who got my name, didn't like me for various different reasons. She got me 2 presents, obviously she wasn't trying to be nice.

Present # 1
    A Urinal with a note that read "If you get much fatter, you are gonna need this"

Present # 2
    A book on how to go through a divorce

My supervisor saw what she got, and the note attached, and promptly wrote her up.

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    now thats horrible!

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    at one time i used to be really heavy, weighed 380 lbs, got a pack of mens thong undies from my mom! i would describe how they fit but there may be the weak of heart/stomach on here.

5. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    yeah, tell me about it

6. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    Hell Sal if you do happen to get blood maybe you can get some big bucks on ebay. I once got a crappy gift certifcate from an old employer for a hamburger at not even the whole meal just the burger. Ended up giving it to the some homeless guy.

7. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    well i didn't recieve this but i did give it once to my moms husband a tube of preperation h (he's a pain my @$$) the next year i got a rock from my mom...lol.....

8. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    when i was 10 years old back in 1976,my mom bought me a Zebco US76 fishing outfit (anyone remember it?) the reel was red and white and the rod was blue.cant remember if the reel had blue on it or not.got a lot of laughs from my redneck buddies (maybe it was the ABBA sticker i put on it that got the laughs) GOD BLESS!

9. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    An Alanis Morrisette CD. :glare: :glare: :glare:

10. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    well mine turned out to be an accident lol
    my oldest brother bought me this awesome! shirt but apparently he picked up the wrong size lol it was 2 sizes smaller than me but my stepson is wearing it now lol so it was a gift that might just keep on giving lmao

11. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    oh come on Jen, you know you liked it!!!!

12. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I got a boat for christmas; A PICTURE OF A BOAT!

chris

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Every year my Mom got us a fruit Cake. That is one food I dont like. :sick-big:
    Tabasco sauce wont even make a fruit cake eatable for me and Tabasco sauce can make just about anything taste good. .

14. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    dano,try texas pete hot sauce to me it has more flavor....

15. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    when i was a big dude i my mom give me her late '70's model honda civic for x-mas. i couldnt even get in the thing!

16. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    think she was tryin to give me a hint

17. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Ditto wolfman. My wife Say's I'm hard to shop for heck I don't think so.....Lets see Hunting, Fishing, or tools that would about cover it for me anything camo I'm happy anything for fishing and I'm happy get me a new toy a tool and I'm in heaven now I asked you is that hard.

The worst gift I ever got I have to tell the story. I was about 10 and we didn't have any money for Christmas but thats another story. We had gone over to a church members house Christmas eve and they had a gift for each of us. I remember my dad opened his and it was Cologne and he said "Oh boy I'm going to smell good" I was next and when I unwrapped the paper I saw a Cologne box and said "oh boy I'm going to smell good as well" when the box was opened it was a package of brand new under-ware. That was the worst gift I have ever gotten and made worse further more by the statement that I made.

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I gues the worst gift I ever received was, I got to spend Christmas of 1982 alone!!! Man that was the lonliest day I have ever had in my life and don't care to ever do it again!!!

19. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ok I think I got everybody beat. When I was around 8-10ish I got a present from one of my aunts. Well I was really excited cause I usually dont even get a card from her. I open the box and inside is a hairdryer. :confused:
    My grandparents retell this story every christmas. They say I wasnt real mad until she makes me plug the thing in. It doesnt even work. I come out of the bathroom walk past everyone to the front door without saying a word.
    Then I throw the dang thing out in the front yard, walk back inside and go back and start playing with the dog.

20. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    well as a adult i never celebrate christmas via exchanging gifts. as a kid i had to but for the worse gift i got hmm i cant think ofanything to be honest. now as a adult when i was married to my first wife we were eating christmas dinner and she gave me a gift for christmas told me she was having a affair and was moving out. i know its kinda a downer but to be honest it was the best thing she ever did for me. i am now married to a fantastic lady whom i love very much and look forward to the rest of my life with her. after all a wife who fishes as good if not better then me and cleans her own and biats her own what more can a guy want?