worst fishing rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by bluesbrother, Sep 13, 2006.

1. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    what rod is the worst? thanks

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the one that never gets used.

3. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good one Dinkbuster and true. A green willow branch is better than an unused Ugly Stick.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

:confident: :confident: :confident: Dink nailed it.

5. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The one that snaped when I was landing a 50lb + Catfish.It rolled on the top of the water then took off like a rocket snaped the rod(Berkley Lighting rod) Then I got flustered and BAM the line snaped.That sucked BIG TIME!!!!

6. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    The one's I have that are no longer insured by Wal-mart anymore............

7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    The one that was sold to me as a rod with a life time warranty,but would only replace it with a 5 year rod when a manufacturing defect became obvious.Ugly Stick lied to me and would not stand up to their word.I do not buy from people like that.peewee-williams

8. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    my brother brought me up a real nice lookin' 8' rod from florida. couldn't wait to try it out. i was out on the mississippi cat fishin' with a live shad when i got a huge hit!! swung that rod up as hard as i could, could'nt get the line tight. that thing was like a buggy whip! got to readin' the fine print and it was a down-rigger rod. probably was a good rod for what it was made for, just not worth a crap for tight line fishing. it lives in the garage now.
    larry

9. hookman571

hookman571 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Metal rods in lightning storms.

10. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I think the worst rod I ever had was a Jarvis Waker, by Bimini bay outfitters.. It looked great and had all the bells and whistles but it snapped in-two on a stinkin flounder!!!:sad2:
    I'll stick with my St.Croix and G.Loomis rods, thank you! :big_smile:

11. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Im a St. Croix fan myself. Worst Ive used was an okuma rod. Reels seem good but I am not a huge fan of the rod.

12. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    The worst one I ever had was a St. Croix, it was a 1976 model automatic reeler and it was telascopic. I was fishing and got in a snag. When I pulled the first time it snaped like a twig. Good thang I did not have a average sized fish on the line, the rod would have broken and I would have thrown the whole outfit in the drink......

13. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    anything Zebco
    every Zebco Ive Ever Owned Broke Within 3-4 Catches

14. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    depends on the use a telascopic may be great for bait but id never use one for cats

15. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    This type of rod,a lite drag and Kahle hooks are a Godsend now that I no longer can feel little to anything on a rod.The Kahle hooks set themselves and a limber rod is very forgiving to the antics of a fighting fish.I hope you never get to where it is your "best"fishing rod.peewee-williams