Worst daytona race

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by brinley45cal, Feb 15, 2009.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Maybe im the only one here that thinks so but i thought this was the worst daytona race id ever seen,i guess it didnt help that it got called by rain and bone head jr had to wreck the best cars on the track.I dont know it just felt like something was missing you know?jmo maybe its just me:cool2::sad2:

2. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    i wasnt to impressed either but cant complain my driver got 2

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Bonehead?
    Let me splain something.
    At 193 MPH you push me to the grass and a turn is coming up, I'll take the whole damn field out getting back up on the track.
    GUARANTEED.

Like Dale Earnhardt used to say. I'll race you but you better not block me.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

There's a first time for everything..:smile2:..I agree 100% with ya on this one!:smile2:
    I do agree that race sucked! Best part was seeing K Bush get wrecked!
    Vickers also had that one coming, intentional or not he got paid back for Dega!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    The thing that gets me is they had like 70 more laps to go and they are up their racing like that with the leaders. I understand getting your lap back but to block like that with them around you. That wasn't thinking at all. Vickers did it and didn't get away with it. It sucks that the leaders got wrecked, I would be piss if I was them also.

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I agree with Mark. What's the world comin' to? Jr. ROCKS!! :smile2:

BB in SC

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The more I watched it, I have to agree.. I can't blame jr. for what he did.. It was just one of them things at Daytonna thats hard to avoid and gonna happen...rollo

8. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    In Saturday's Nationwide race there was an incident between Jason Leffler and Steven Wallace. NASCAR officials determined that Leffler had retaliated and gave him a five lap rough driving penalty.

Then in Sunday's Daytona 500 Dale Jr. got into an incident with Brian Vickers. Both incident were very similar the only exception being that Dale Jr. retaliation seemed more blatant that the one of Leffler. As Predicted NASCAR officials levied no penalty on Dale Jr.

I know give all NASCAR fans a look at both instances and will let each of them decide for themselves, which is rough driving and which is just one of them racing deals?

But Vickers made the same move at Talladega a few years ago and took out Jr and Jimmy Johnson to win the race. Which is right and which is wrong?

9. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    All I got to say is Truex jr. ran a really good race!

10. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Its the other 42 drivers fault, they all agreed to race with Jr. on the same track. I dont know about anyone else, but I want to see big crashes, I want to see spin outs, I want to see great racing moves and I want to see my driver win no matter how he gets it done. And yes, even I get road rage on the streets and highways which is more bone-headed than what happens on the track of a Nascar race. JMO:eek:oooh:

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well the wrecks, controveries and all is part of it, we know it's gonna happen, my gripe is them not finishing the race. If they knew they weren't gonna be able to get all of it in, which was obvious by the radar, they should have run it today.

12. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N

Or started it an hour and a half sooner.... Do we need all the stuff (bands, intros, interviews, etc...) before the race?
    Personally, a good prayer, the singing of the National Anthem, and start your engines!!!

13. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    Well is anyone as sick of Digger as I am. Several years ago Brian France said "we are not in the racing business we are in the enertainment business" I have lost all respect for NASCAR (send your $$$ to Daytona) A long time ago. Its not really racing anymore Daytona and Talledega should be filled with water and made a fish pond. Anytime you need a helper too pass anyone its not real racing.

14. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I couldnt agree more. The idea or concept of having that camera in the ground is awesome! It shows some awesome footage weve all never seen before.
    Having that annoying little mascot (digger) eating up valuable time before a race is just a waste of time, money and effort.

15. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I agree. Reps your way.

16. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    I agree with both of ya. Reps to you Bill.

17. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Reps your way too Rollo! Go 55 LOL

18. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah and your car and the cars of other competitors would be all torn up to just like there.You or jr dont have to fix or pay for all those wrecked cars either.vickers made a legal move and jr got mad and wrecked him plain and simple.But you know thats what makes racing so great,its like a mans soap opra ant it?I guess my thing is If nascar is gong to hand out penalties for rough driving for other drivers and in the other nascar series they need to be consistant with everyone know matter if its my favorite driver or yours and its just not done that way.jmo
    Also if that would have been stewart who done that to jr,those same jr fans would be all over tony for wrecking him like jr did to vickers.Its just the way it is everybody is passionate about there drivers.If tony would have done that even though im a tony fan id still say it was a bone head move.

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Anybody ever took note of what a race recap is?
    The wrecks.:smile2:

One of the worst races I ever witnessed was a caution free Talledega.
    Mark Martin won and set a track record. Talk about a boring race. The 'big one" shakes the field up and makes it interesting.

Tear them cars up. If these teams couldnt afford to lose a car they wouldn't be there. The drivers nor the car owners have to pay for them. That's what sponsors are for.

These guys aren't naive to the fact that they stand more then a 50% chance they'll wind up wrecked at the plate races. Their odds on winning are still pretty good at 1 in 41.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep. sucked for the most part.

stupid crash between lap down cars that took out the SMART drivers on the lead lap. thats a real pointer to look at when ya hear the term STAY FOCUSED. thats why he has 0 championships to date.

and at least they could have called it when cars were actually on the track.:crazy:

see what happened to gordon when he lost a lap when his tire was shot. he STAYED FOCUSED and got back on the lead lap. thats why he has 4 cup titles.:wink: