Worms!!!!

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by creek_fisher88, Sep 12, 2006.

1. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Why do fish like worms? i mean if you think about it, they dont get to eat them everyday. I have asked a buddy this and he said he thought when it rained, the worms got washed into the ponds, creeks, rivers, ect. then he said something about the chemicals in them. it has just stumped me on why they like them so much. but hey it doesnt bother me at all worms are everywhere and they are cheap. i would like to hear some of your guys' perspective on this. thanks creek

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Freebie maybe? I'd guess the worms movement probably stimulates the strike. I actually read something on this not to long ago. That worms aren't normal forage for fish and something about how everything that gets trapped into the water column eventually ends up in the middle cause of hydrodynamics or something all technical like that.. Never mind me I'm still on first cup of coffee! 'YAWNS'

Listenning to Jerry Garcia acoustic 'solo' 4-10-82 Great great music! Thank you John....Great friend indeed!

3. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    I think part of why they like worms is because they are an easy meal/snack and not much energy is required to catch them.

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Well There is a good point However Why do catfish like chicken livers then do that many chickens fall in a lake.

I just think there natural and birds drop them and yes IMO the rain washed them in the lake.

Just my 1.5 cents worth

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have to agree with your friends and the others. The worms get washed into the water after a rain, birds drop them in, people toss partial boxes of worms in the water in so. So it is an easy source of protien for the fish.

6. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Ya know, thats a great question. Probably cause it wiggles , doesn't try to get away, easy to catch, they ate one when they were young and would eat anything. Who truly knows ?? Why does a fish bite on a plastic lure thats painted any number of colors etc. Fish are driven by one Main thing. Survival. They can always spit it out if they don't like it.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think theu're a natural bait,plus they're cheap-----------------pk powell:smile2:

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    have you tried eating a worm ? they have a good soft texture and tear apart easily yet even the little peices still wiggle , thats inticing to a fish

9. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    The don't have to worry about the bones.