Worms

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Matthew72, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    :confused: Worms is all I am gonna use next time I go, I am so dang tired of comin home empty handed.:crying:

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Be my luck I'd use all the worms and not catch a fish either. Still be empty handed. Where's that dynamite?

3. foreverflathead

foreverflathead New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I cant say as I blame you. I use dough ball to catch channel cats and carp on occasion but I blame it on my kids and how I am doing it just so they can catch some fish, since they dont have patience for big cat fishing. LOL

4. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    any one still use milk worms . we dig em in the river bottem,they are blue about 3ft long. know what i mean. they work on channels verry well in spring. find a place that stays wet all year . with lots of leaves, semes like we are losing most of the old ways . in some cases dats a good

5. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    Matthew72 - you might try cutbait before you give up on all other baits other than worms. Or go lookin for another fishin hole.

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yea, gigantic juicy nightcrawlers are always good and you'll end up catching more than one type of fish.

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I once had bedding that smelled like stink bait. It got flooded and rotted I think. Anyway the worms seemed to love it and they smelled too. I caught more fish that trip. One guy came over as he was using worms with little luck. I told him about my bedding and gave him some stink worms. We all caught fish. I have never been able to repeat the event tho. Sure was fun when it happened.

8. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I may go buy the bait shop and buy some worms and some fresh cut shad. What about me puttin some of the worms in the bag with the stink bait? let them dudes soak up some smell. Thanks for the Talkin to. Some times I just need a little peptalk to keep me goin.

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Make sure that those bait shop shad haven't been frozen. I do so poorly using shad that have been frozen that I won't even bother to freeze them.

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ive used nightcrawlers 5 times so far and have caught 0 on them.I think the water is still just to dang cold.

11. cardfan4life

cardfan4life Guest

Green worms are good for channels, but lord do they stink....

12. catfish casanova

catfish casanova New Member

I use nightcrawlers all the time. Half a worm on a #2 hook wears out the yellows where we fish. Minnows seem to be ok as well as dough bait, but nothing beats a worm at our hole...

13. george

george New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    so far this fishing season i have caught suckers/sheep head/bull head and bass on worms and i havent used any other bait :cool: :cool:

14. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    We always use worms when we go out along with other baits. We havent been doing any good either. Must not be holding our mouth right or just need to find different spots.

15. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Bro,Iv allways got worms with me.they allways get somthing....

16. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I caught my 7lb Blue on worms. I will go with worms and live bluegill. I just need so bigger hooks for the live gills. Would yall thank 3 to 4 inches would be good for bait?

17. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i have cought few fish on worms

18. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Just a thought on worms, a feller was ice fishin with no luck, he saw another feller just a pullin em in. when he tried to ask how he was catchen so many the second feller only mumbled. Well he got mad and threatened that he better tell em or else. the second feller reached up, pulled a wada worms outta his mouth and said "You gotta keep the bait warm! " :lol: