Worm Shocker comes through!!

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by jailcop2, Aug 18, 2006.

1. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    We have been getting some rain here in the thriving Metropolis of Tabor Iowa, and my store bought worm shocker has been working like a champ .
    With the moisture level higher it may only take a couple of seconds to see results , I have picked up 3-4 dozen in an hour or so , plus it's easier on my back .

2. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    what is it that you are doing. but than again we have not had much rain here for a while

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I have an electric worm shocker . You plug it in ,put the probe in the ground and it drives the worms to the surface .

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Hey, you can't just leave it at that.... where'd you get it, what it cost...where's the pics. LOL

5. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    man ive heard of those going bad. people use homemade versions to and ive had a one guy say hes lucky to be alive after using a storebought one from the 50's.
    do the worms seem to be in good shape after that? where did you buy yours from?

6. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    This is an item my dad got about 30 years ago that was fogotten about . If I can keep my camera working I'll try to get some pics up . It has a molded handle w/ pvc on a spring around the probe , all wiring is encased in resin ,seems pretty safe .

7. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I once made the mistake of making a home made "shocker". A friend and I were getting ready to use it, and I was carriering both poles when my friend plugged it in. All I can say is WOW!! I could not let go of the poles at all. Lucky, my friend realized what was going on around the corner from him and unplugged the cord. Otherwise, I might have gone to the catfish pond in the sky!

8. ayokay005

ayokay005 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    my father use to have a homemade shocker !!! wow thats all we used when we went when i was young!
    would love to make one its results are 100% effective too !
    Does anyone know how to build one ?

9. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Learned how to make them 25 years ago. They do work but are very un safe.
    For that reson I will not pass along the info.
    Steve

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have tried every search engine I know and have only found one to buy but at 49 are 59 dollars plus shipping he can keep it.

11. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    bass pro shop gots worms pretty cheap for a bunch...good luck. that worm shocker thingy sounds kinda risky.or you can put a stick in the ground and rub it the worms will come to the top:big_smile:

12. maverick43812

maverick43812 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have a home made one ive used for years never had a problem because mine is set up all the time wired it so it was as safe as possible. i like it but i dont use worms for bait to often usually sell them or just give them to friends to use.