Worlds luckiest angler..

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Jamey, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Jamey

Jamey New Member

State:
    Pegram, Tennessee
  2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    OUCH!!!!! That hurt's just thinkin' about it!

3. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    WOULDN'T THAT MAKE YOU PUCKER!!:frk-big:
    Frank

4. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    In the end, he is a Very Lucky Man!!!!! It goes to show that the snagged weight, lure or sometime the fish can be a danger. With the usage of mono, it was a Danger, but the braided lines of today are more of a danger. A practice that I have made is to wrap the line around a stick and walk away from the pull and that is also a dangerous thing to do. I have been Lucky as well as I have had the weight hit my back!! Not a nice feeling by any means. Good Luck to us ALL!!

HOPPY4

5. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ouch.........I bet he didn't see that coming:rolleyes: :eek:

6. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    wow that must of hurt. The worst thing before that, that i have seen was a guy at the englewood dam fishing with a crank bait. He got snagged and tried to get it free, as he pulled the snag gave and the next thing i know if the guy had the hooks deeply embedded in his chest...ouch

7. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    um, that looks very painful!! I used to just yank on snags when I was a kid and am grateful that never happened to me... It was mostly my friends who had to duck out of the way when the snag came loose!:;)

8. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    ouch thats about all i can say ouch one lucky guy for sure

9. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Wow, that has to one lucky man. Makes me think twice about yanking in the line when it gets snagged.:sad:

10. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    "Mr Williams said he expected to be off work for some time".

On the bright side, more time to fish. lol

11. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Not to get off the subject,he's lucky not to have lost an eye, but thats something I've never understood. When somebody gets hurt like that everybody says "oh they were lucky" :confused: I myself would'nt feel lucky, I feel lucky when I avoid getting hurt, not lucky that I didn't get it worse. Not tryng to stirr the pot just saying that I think he wasent lucky if he was the weight would have missed him and hit his buddie in the jewels and he would have had a laugh lol, sorry wolfman thats funny right their I dont care who you are lol. (unless your the guy getting hit in the junk) :)

12. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    This should give all you that fish with those super lines something to think about. How many of you have had that 50# and up braded line hung up on something and just started pulling. Those stuff doses not break and that can cause a world of problems. I know I have been hit in the chest and leg with weights and such using mono and have had line snap and cut my hands or a rod come back and hit me in the head, but that super brad line will cause something to break before it dose. Either the snag or the rod and then look out. I fell sorry for the guy because that can happen to any of us at any time but you guys that use that super/heavy line need to be very aware of this type of thing as it can be very dangerous to try to pull a snag loose that way.

13. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I personally think the braids would be safer in this situation because it doesent stretch witch is what causes the sinker to slingshot.:huh: At least this has been my experance I have yet to have a sinker come at me using braid. they havent even tried.

14. Jamey

Jamey New Member

State:
    Pegram, Tennessee
    Maybe this is just coincidence, but I've been using 65#PowerPro for a year or two, and no "slingshots" as of yet. However, someone who lets his rod load up while walking away from the snag is asking for trouble no matter what line he is using. If your drag settings are too tight, heavy braid which can and will destroy your gear (especially if you fish the surf and hook into something with some size and strength). If your reel is says it holds 20-40lb test mono, then setting the drag to 40lbs should clear up the issues discussed above.

15. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yep I use my dowl rod pole holder to wrap my line around when i know im really snagged.

16. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I don't use anything heavier than 20lb line and a Five inch piece of 1/2 inch reinforced rubber hose when I get snagged to break off my line. I have been using mono for several years but am going back to Mason braided line and probably go with 18lb on my smaller reels and 27lb on my 7000. My boys know what a half ounce sinker feels like with 20lb mono line, smarts really bad.

17. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    yah i saw that article in an outdoor life. It made me cringe just thinkin bout it.

18. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    That x-ray gives a new meaning to having a headache,i know my head hurts now.I had a buddy who was fishing for pike up north with spoons(i believe they were using 8 to 10 inch spoons)when his friend made a cast he hit my buddy in the back of the head with the spoon knocking him out and giving him a concussion.....OUCH

19. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ive been hit in the twins a few times but to have it go through your eye socket?Man i couldnt imagine that.

20. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Man that had to hurt!:cry-big:
    Bill