Worlds Greastest Fishing Show On ESPN

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Dsage, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    The newest episode of the Worlds Greatest Fishing show has Bill Dance on it with Mark Zona and they are fishing for Blues. It should replay again tomorrow again. I have not watched it yet it on the DVR so I don’t know how good it is yet. But any air time for Cats is a good thing.

2. 07_hemi_thunderroad

07_hemi_thunderroad New Member

State:
    north caro
    i watched it and it is very good! they are out on the Mississippi River hunting the cats and bill teaches mark on how to troll for cats! it is very good and i wish it was coming on again for everyone that missed it but because of the Superbowl it well not be back on tomorrow! i am going to check youtube for you guys to see if i can find a link of some of the show!

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I bet it will be on during the week next week. As most air during the week also. If so and I can get the DVD player back to working. You can bet its going to burned on a disk.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Pete

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I'll have to try and find that and record it. I was watching some fishin shows last night for a while. Is it just me or lately is every other commercial in a fishing show for "male enhancement"? lol I was laughing to myself last night, wonder if they are trying to tell us fisherman something....:eek:oooh::smile2:

5. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I saw the show and thought it was pretty good. I, however, could not figure out what tackle they were using. I know they were using a 3-way rig on braided line with a mono leader, but the rods looked like graphite rods with low profile bait casters. Could any one else figure out what kind of tackle they were using?

6. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  7. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    yeah that was what they were doing it looked like cut skipjack on three way swivel rigs with kahle hooks using baitcater outfits with braided line. i think because you had 2 different show hosts they could not promote the others sponsors especially since they were on Zona's show.

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I saw one a week ago on sportsman channel of bill dance with phil king it was great phil schooled him lol

9. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
  10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Id like to see a show dedicated solely to catfishing,or follow some catfish tournaments like they do ba$$ masters.Id also like to fish in some myself:wink:

11. 07_hemi_thunderroad

State:
    north caro
    here is the list:
    Drifting the Mississippi River setup
    7' MH Quantum Cabo Casting rods
    Quantum Cabo PTs Bait Casting reels
    Stren Super Braid 40 lb. test with Mamoi Hi Catch 30 lb. test mono leader
    8/0 Eagle Claw Octopus Circle Hooks
    3 & 4 OZ. Cannon Ball sinkers made from a Do-It Mold
    Skipjack or River Herring or Greenback Herring, depending on who is talking

12. 07_hemi_thunderroad

State:
    north caro
    here is a pic of one of there cats they caught!

Attached Files:

13. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Heres your chance to see it again.
    .3/21/2009
    ((Mark Zona shares a boat with a true fishing icon when he teams up with Bill Dance on the big muddy. With the help of catfish expert, James "Big Cat" Patterson, two of outdoor television's biggest personalities drift the mighty Mississippi River seeking big cats and bigger laughs.))

I sure hope to see it then.
    Also as for a full time catfishing show. It will happen, but think a minute. Bass fishing shows sells millions of dollars of fishing product. Lost of catfishmen. Will not buy much stuff. I think that is what is holding back the catfish shows. With them sinking so much $$ into a season of shows. The sponsors have to know that there return is worth it. But I do think in a few years were going to see catfishing shows take off like a rocket.
    Pete

14. 07_hemi_thunderroad

State:
    north caro
    THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON THE NEXT SHOWING!:wink:

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    As for the tackle he was using . When control drift fishing, the way they fish most of the time. And the way I fish 90% of the time. I use a 7ft Md Heavy all -star. Allows me to feel the light bite and handle fish with no problems.
    Also a heavy rod will kill you holding on to it all day. As I fish holding the reel in my hand all the time.
    Its a killer way to catch fish when others can't catch them all the other ways.
    Pete

16. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I have fished with Patterson and met Bill Dance and they are 2 really great guys that know a lot about catfishing. According to patterson Bill Dance prefers to fish for catfish more than bass but there is a bigger market for bass fishing shows.

17. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ed, I've always suspected that, guess he's gotta go where the money's at!

18. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    i would be alright with making the money he does bass fishing then catfish for fun when i could.

19. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Props to Bill Dance for promoting the sport. It's amazing how many bass shows when mentioning other popular fish or predatory fish.....never mention catfish. They view it as a trash fish I think. They only talk about walleye, pike, and trout when not talking about bass. I find that offensive.

Anyways guys, thanks for the headsups on some of these shows. Gonna search the TV guide channel and record some if I can find them.

20. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri