World Trade Center....The Movie

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Aug 7, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
  2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    should be an award winner

3. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can wait. Boy, Howdy can I wait.

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think he will do a good part....good choice for a main.

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea cage probably jumped on this one $$$$$$$$$$$ in his eyes

6. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I don't think I could watch it, because it's a true story. If it were a fictional account, that would be different. But I think it would just make my "heart hurt" too much to watch it. I, also, like Nicholas Cage, & I'm sure he'll be good in it. But I also had problems watching Saving Private Ryan; broke my heart. I need comedy....!

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    From what I can tell it looks like it may be the story of 2 survivors that are fireman. But, have not read anything about the plot.

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    To bad people have to make money off such a terible event.
    Bill:sad2:

9. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Despite the profitiers, I would hope such a film reaffirms what is at hand in the world.

In other words, I hope it wakes some people up in this country!

10. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I must agree with Brother John and Brother Jess. It hits a little to close to home for me.
    One must wonder just how historically ACCURATE it will be and how much of it will be Hollywood Dramatics????????
    I lost some good people in that gutless, backstabbing, attack so sorry hollywood, this is one I will pass up!!!:angry: I have all the historical accuracy I need without hollywood's help!!!:angry:
    That is all I have to say!
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Message]]]]]

11. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't think either the 4th plane movie, or the twin towers movie, are pure profiteering. I think both are truly attempts to show the courage exhibited by Americans that day. A little like the propaganda films of World War II. My problem with them is my blood took a couple years to stop boiling, and a couple more for my blood pressure pills to get things under control again. I don't want to feel the raging anger I had in 2001; I want to remain calmly committed to making sure it won't happen again. Even the knowledge that they are trying to honor American heroism that day won't quell the rumbling in my stomach. I had a similar experience with "Platoon." Took me a few weeks to recover from that one. I guess I need to stick to comedy also.

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Guess for 911, it's ok for a movie with stars and plenty of Popcorn and coke. Why isn't Mel G. in it. LMAO.

I will not watch it. I saw the movie of 911 for several days/weeks/months when it happen and now and then, I see a repeated of it.
    I didn't have popcorn and coke when I saw it. I had sorrow and respect for America and I still do. We still have people fighting for that reason but I guess, money still has to be made. I got family and friends who is ........................................... doesnt matter. Just like any dirty laundry,
    people love it.

What about the results?

Best think the soldiers on duty instead of a $4.00 movie.

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'll watch it when it's get on HBO or one of the other cable movie chls., be looking forward to it.

I see no difference in watching a movie about the WTC than watching one about Pearl Harbor. I was at Pearl Harbor last summer, watched a movie about it and cried... had never cried in a Pearl Harbor movie before.

14. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Yeah, I think it will be a fine movie. Tea, if I lived close to you I would go with you to see it. I have no problem, if it is accurate and is about the heroes who risked all to savetotal strangers. That is what the American spirit is all about. And yes, I am proud to be an AMERICAN. grizzly

15. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    THis is my opinion. I for one do not wish to see this movie. And I dont have hard feelings towards the people who are in the movie or the people who wish to see it. Its just that at least three times a week I drive past or in New York city and am reminded of that day and what happened. I grew up seeing those buildings at least once a week for 22 years and now those buildings and people are gone. The area in which I live is made up of people that commute to New York city every morning and I knew many people that did not make it back to there families that day. And I have a friend that lost both parents that afternoon. And as for the men and women that paid the ultimate sacrifice that day while saving someone they didnt know Thank You. But as for me I dont need a reminder of what happened that day cause I will never forget watching the situation unfold while sitting not even 3 miles away listening to the radio in my work van angry and pissed off at the scum who killed innocent people that day. I wont and I cant forget. In this area it still feels like it happened yesterday to some of us. And the worst part is the scumbag who masterminded the whole plot is still living while the people who were innocent still haunt our dreams. Were is justice for the guilty?