World Record Iowa Deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Gordhawk, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here's a picture of a deer that was shot here in Iowa that is a new World Record typical Buck. Gross score was 235 and net score was 223. This is why so many people travel to Iowa to hunt trophy bucks.

Attached Files:

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    That there is a beauty!

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Glen I appreciate you e me that I am gonna see if I can show trigger (my unc) this .

4. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    WOW nice buck wish they were that big around here

5. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Man that is one Big Buck!!! If something like that walked out on me I couldn't hit it I would have a Buck eggar so bad I dought that I could ground with a bullet. And if I did happened to kill a buck like ya'll would hear me in Iowa.:big_smile::big_smile:

6. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    since when is this the world record typical?
    as far is i know the hanson buck is the world record.

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    super nice buck but hes not the world record yet. he might be pending though but sometimes the backyard scores are off. the bucks looks to score very well but i dont think he will make the trip on the world record but im looking at the picture. he looks to have too many deductions to me for a world record. hes a dandy thats for sure.

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is a brute. WoW

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I don't know if this buck is a world record or not,I'm simply reporting what was sent to me in an email. I'm certainly not an authority on scoring big bucks! I believe the buck in the picture that I posted scored 223,whether that's a world record or not,I don't have a clue.

10. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    The buzz on the net is that this deer only scores 201 typical and was shot in a "high fence operation" I'm not sure how it scores. Several sources say it is a preserve deer. I hope not because it sure is a beauty.

Richard

11. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
  12. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    I've got to say it does look like a buck taken out of "Timberghost". If you follow all the discussion fomr the link they show photo's. If you look close they also say he looked to have an ear tag in from the place, and indeed you can see the "timberghost" sign in the back winshield. Photoshop plot....I don't think so.

Richard.

13. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Very Nice Deer :eek:oooh:

14. bc179whitetail

bc179whitetail New Member

State:
    St.Louis Missouri
    It might be a timber ghost deer but it sure is a dandy. Maybe when we come up in two weeks Glen Ruth or me will get another one you can put up here Glen. My brother has one on his trail cam that we think will score215 to 230. Hope we get to see him with the smoke poles. We know there in Iowa. Take Care Glen.

15. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Glen, you can go to the Boone and Crocket web site and see this deer's picture! The deer WAS killed (according to boone and crocket investigators) on a High Fenced operation in Iowa and was killed in "06"! I started researching this deers picture about 2 weeks ago, when a friend of mine in Arkansas sent it to me saying "It was killed in Arkansas near the White river and was a new state record at 207" ! The Boone and Crocket site says that this deers picture has been "circulating" for a while now and has been said to be SEVERAL state records and the new world record! Too Bad!:embarassed:

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks for the pic. I dont know much at all about hunting but even I can tell that is a nice buck!

17. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I don't worry about records all I know is that is one monster buck and would be equally proud to have him on my wall world record or not.

18. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    he is huge and his inside spread is super wide 30inches?it takes those guys for ever to determine a world record.the background in the picture has alot of green in it maybe a bowkill?i agree it would be hard to make this buck stretch to 223 he does have alot of deductions.

19. Cutter

Cutter New Member

State:
    Hickory, NC
    Awesome deer! :cool2:

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i dont care if it was on steriods and leashed to a tree, thats one hell of a buck. there are many folks that would roll down a window to get that one ,lol.