World Record Common Carp

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by CatBusster, Feb 20, 2006.

1. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    Attached will be the picture an synopsis of the story of the World record Common Carp Capture
    if you would like a copy of the magazine page in "readable" size, PM Timotha7 with your Email and he can send it to you

This Giant Common Carp was Caught in a warm water outlet
    on the Albert Canal in Belgium.

The Carp weighed in at 78 lbs.
    The Carp was part of a small group of 2kg commons introduced into the
    V and Albert Canals in 1990.

In addition to this giant, at least a dozen of them have hit the 55lb mark
    and at least 5 have reached 66lbs

The carp in the canals are very nomadic, and can be caught and weighed
    on day, and the next time caught the can be 55km away.

CPR is the rule of thumb in European fishing, and these carp are caught
    weighed and released many times by many different anglers

Attached Files:

2. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    attached where? I dont see one

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Can't wait to see that.

Are you allowed to bowfish over there?

4. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Was the carp caught on rod and reel?

5. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    That is an awesome fish! The fisherman around here throw them up on the bank to die and it pisses me off to know end:mad:
    Not to change the subject, but at times we seem to have carp die offs! You may see a dozen or more floating belly up! Does that happen there?

6. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    One thing about the few Carp that I have caught is they put up a great fight. I would have loved to hook into that bohemoth.

7. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
  8. kevinw

kevinw New Member

State:
    Burkburnett Texas
    wow what a fish. Thanks for posting the pic. I think I'll try for some carp this year. I used to go carp fishing when I was a kid but havent fished for any in 35 years. We used to litter the bank with them too. We considered them trash fish. We used to change the oil in our car and run it onto the ground too. There used to not be a limit or size on crappie. Man oh man have things changed. Think I'll catch, take a pic, and release.

9. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Very nice fish!!!

10. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    On Lake St CLair you see em big like that or near that size sunning themselves but they never bite. Ive seen em huge before. All over the place in june on the lake's west shore. I wish I could get a photo of it when you see literally hundreds of them floating still and sunning... there's gotta be a million pounds of em in that lake. I rarely hear of folks catching them. You wont believe it unless I can get you guys a pic.

Its amazing.

Now getting them to bite is another story.

11. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN

For years I have seen people leaving carp of all shapes and sizes to die on the river banks all over the state of Minnesota. It has always bothered me, but I was always told they were "rough fish" and should be disposed of. Well, I have always enjoyed carp fishing as they are a blast to catch and put up a great battle. And I am proud to release them whenever I catch them. I have no problem keeping them to eat, but I have never eaten one myself. Also I have noticed numerous floaters every year. I don't know why.

By the way, that is one HUGE carp and I can't imagine the fight that boy must have given!

12. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Wow that Carp is a monster!!!! :eek:

13. Gonzo_Joe

Gonzo_Joe New Member

State:
    Dowling Park, Florida
    That's one huge carp!

14. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    Shame about thess beautiful fish being thrown to banks to die, they would be best used as chum for catfish, we catch wels cats on carp steaks and use small ones as live baits as they are hardy and robust on the hook, but then thats cat fishing.

Sal_Jr keep trying, wish I could be there with you to temp a big one to take a bait. How big is the lake?

They are excellent sport if caught on carp tackle and you can have non stop action in the better months of fishing. My pb common is 24lb smaller than the one in the pic.

I dont know much about the History of carp in America, weather Drake or an earlier explorer introduced them or weather they are native, either way Im sure you guys probably have fish this size swimming in your inland seas and rivers

15. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Biggest carp i've heard of was under 60 lbs. That's HUGE!

Eric

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    now that is one big carp, CatBusster:)

thanks for the help. i still am a little put out that a donor has to pay to look at pics:sad:

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Very big fish, thanks for sharing.

18. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    A 27 pound carp on a ultrilght is a fight that I can not even imagine.Plrease tell what bait and line test you were using.I want one of those puppies.

19. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Phil, if you look over your left shoulder in your profile pic. That's a place where I've seen several 30lb+ carp. The lake above the dam has carp over 35 and buffs over 40. If you go over to Hefner, you'll find buffs over 40 and a few carp over 40-50lbs.
    Will
    Opps, forgot to mention, the hole right behind you and to your right has had gar over 20lbs.