World Record Catfish.....MAYBE

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by redneckdrum, Jun 27, 2006.

1. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    An old preacher was on his way to church one Sunday morning to deliver his sermon he has done every Sunday for year's.On this particular Sunday the devil got to his mind and told him to take a break from preaching this Sunday and go to his favorite catfish hole.Well,the old preacher yeilded to temptation so upon arriving at church he told his co-pastor to give the sermon this morning because he wasn't feeling well and was gonna go home.The preacher left the church parking lot and off to his fishing spot he went.

While the preacher was setting-up his rod & reels on the bank,at the same time,God & St.Peter were up above watching the entire situation being played out:

St.Peter:"Look at that,Lord! He's out fishing instead of preaching your word this morning,what do you intend to do about it"?

God:"Just keep your cool Pete,I'm gonna fix him".

Well about an hour later,the preacher was in his typical catfishing 'sit & wait mode when all of the sudden his rod bent over like a five dollar bamboo cane pole.After fighting for well over an hour,he finally landed a whopper so big he called the game warden on his cell phone and told him to bring some scales because he possibly caught a world record.A few minutes later the game warden arrived,scales in hand,hoisted the giant catfish onto the scale,and to thier amazement 205 POUNDS! A NEW WORLD RECORD!

.....Meanwhile,up in heaven:

St.Peter:"Lord,I thought you sad you were gonna fix him".

God:"I did"

St.Peter:"But Lord,he just landad a 205 pound new world record catfish,how did that fix him"?

God:"Think about Pete,NOW WHO IS HE GONNA TELL"?

Most of you have probably already heard that one but it's still an all-time classic fishing story.

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Poor guy, can't tell a soul! I wish I could catch a state record anything at this point heck we have a record for creek chubs in Nebraska a whopping 9.5 oz.

Aaron

TA2D

3. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    When I was a kid,I wish I knew creek chub's made good cut bait.We used to throw 'em on the bank when we caught 'em.

4. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I never heard that tale but i thought it was awesome. thanx for the laugh redneckdrum!

5. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    I'd never heard that one either.