World record blue catfish

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Dustin S, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Dustin S

Dustin S New Member

State:
    georgia
    someone told me that the next world record blue catfish would be worth 100,000 dollars. any truth to this?

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I guess you will have to catch it and let the rest of us know.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i could see the world record being worth that in the advertisements if you caught the fish with the right name on your equipment. some people get millions just to wear a brand name on there shoes. if it was to get caught in a big tournament somewhere it may even be worth more. look how many people is fishing the river where the current world record was caught that never fished there until the fish was caught. so if you got one in a lake near you. you better go get him!!!!

4. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I think it is definitely a good possiblity. Companies will spend a lot of money to have their name attached to that kind of a catch. It is estimated that the next world record largemouth bass will be worth in the 1 million dollar range.

5. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    i don't doubt that it would be maybe more... I mean with product sponser ships and advertising deals (esp if you were using a large company like Berkley's line or Eagle Claw or Gama's hooks). Anybody know how much Cabelas paid for the 124lber? unfortunately it died in transport to their store but i don't remember how much Cabelas paid for it...

6. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric
    Unless you have a commercial fishing liscense it's illegal to sell fish you catch in most states. So for the world record last year he didn't technically get paid for anything. I never heard for sure what he did or didn't get but there were several rumors.

Cabela's could offer to sponsor him and get him a boat, tackle etc all in the name of sponsorship, but in reality as payment for the fish.

7. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    click on the Wayne County Catfish Festival link to your right...if you catch the world record in that tournament it's worth $100G!

8. mckiss

mckiss New Member

State:
    kansas
    hey go do a search if you want to see a big cat ,thailand world record cat 646lb,, on one site it show the villagers cutting it up
    ,,,alot of steaks ther at 4.99 a lb for catfish nuggets, need ten guys to pull one in like that ,,,and a sub to haul it

9. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    yes many states its illegal to sell gamefish but the fine is about 200 bucks. i might just sell a fish worth 100k and take the 200 fine. na i think if i caught a world record i would make sure to get a picture on a scale and let him go no matter what he is worth! you just as much atention and always in good response to! i remeber a story of a guy catching a world reocord salmon (record wasnt broken for like 50 years or something) and letting it go and everyone was amazed and gave him praise. just an idea but then again 100k is alot of money

10. dixiedrifter

dixiedrifter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Down here in TN they will take your fishing poles, tackle, boat and whatever stuff they can think of if you get caught not having the proper commercial fishing license...

11. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    If I remember right , the guy was going to loan the fish to cabela's . hahaha yu know what i mean.

12. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    If you guys want to see more about this last world record fish go to his web site. No one ever bought the fish from him. He was going to donate it to the cabelas to show to the public. He has since picked up some nice sponsors for the fish he caught.

13. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey, if I thought it was really going to be worth all of that, I'd go down to the creek and catch one.:)

14. Soupy_1us

Soupy_1us New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I bought a G3 boat and they have a contest going on.. If you catch a world record fish from your boat you get $30,000.00 and if it's a state record you get $3,000.00... I'm still trying !

15. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    You don't need to sell the fish to get a sponsorship type money. People who kill big deer get paid to be in ammo advertisements and such. There are ways around everything.

16. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    catfish are not considered game fish. Read the the rules in your states handbook.

17. lightningmetal10

lightningmetal10 New Member

State:
    new york
    Those greedy corporations will do ne thing to get recognized by the fame of a world record n odoubt in my mind 100,000 prob more with free stuff and endorsements...
    Joe