World Record Blue Catfish Released?

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by fishinpals, Jan 28, 2008.

1. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

well its to bad we will never know how much it truly weighted. but i understand him just letting it go though putting it through the weigh in process would stress it out to the point it would have died.but man i would like to know

2. VaFisherMan

VaFisherMan New Member

State:
    virginia
    Man I wish I knew how much that monster weighed. I would like to just see a fish that big get caught. What a beast.

3. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i have seen pics of that fish on this website i dont remember where? regardless that is a nice kitty.

4. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    WOW that is a monster blue! Dose any one know were it was caught?

5. moore42420

moore42420 New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    That is a huge fish, if it is true. The funny thing is that the article is from Tennessee and was cought in Mississippi. Went to Mississippi's Fish & Wildlife fishing forum and coudl not find anything else about it.

6. Redneck Catter

Redneck Catter New Member

State:
    Missouri
  7. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    It was caught by one of our members he goes by radish he has a thread on it i think he is from mississippi.

8. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    That fish was caught and released by BOC member "radish". You can read all about it on his thread by CLICKING HERE. :big_smile:

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thank you. i was gonna do the same thing. there are at least 3 threads on the board about this including this one and tons of rumers,lol. last i heard it drug his boat from mississippi to north carolina and back,lmao.:smile2:

10. FishOnChuck

FishOnChuck New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    what a fish, regardless where it came from!

11. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    I would like to take a minute to ask everyone if you see a post on mr. "radish" send him a "thank you" if you get a minute. He released that fish because he knew that by the time the fish was put through it would have had to go through to become a world record, it would have died. He never took the fish out of the water except to get that snapshot. he had his wife drive to the rivers edge and get the picture and as soon as he was done he released the fish. People like him are the reason our kids will someday have the opportunity to catch these big monsters. There is no doubt about it, I look up to him more than anyone else on the BOC because rather than killing the fish to get his name in the record books, he would rather see that fish swim another day. Just look at that picture, there is no doubt in my mind, that was for sure the new world record. Thanks again radish!! you are a true leader, and someone everyone on here should thank and look up to for doing that. Truely honorable:wink:

12. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    That is an awesome fish, I would say deffintely a record, and a fish he will most likely not top, but great job on the release

13. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    I'm glad to see that both the fish was caught and released. Trophies that that are indeed rare. I would have needed medication to calm down afterward.

Spencer

14. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    At least it gives us a chance to get him.:eek:oooh:

15. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats one awsome fish glad it was released but why in the world was it not taken somewhere and weighted ???

16. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'm glad that he let it go. That's 1 old fish.

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    because he wanted it to live not become a dead memmory. to some a 200lb dead record is worse than the thought of the cpr brothers on her giving him life long horror for killing it to be a record,lol.'

serouisly, the last 124lb record, shall i do it? read last paragraph. nothing but hope and death.lol.:sad2:

DANIA BEACH, Fla. --- The International Game Fish Association (IGFA), the organization which among its many duties maintains world records for both freshwater and saltwater game fishes, has approved a 124 pound blue catfish caught in mid May by Tim Pruitt of Alton, Ill.

Pruitt and the catfish, which was caught in the Mississippi River, received a great deal of media attention throughout the nation and internationally as well.

Using cut herring for bait, Pruitt took 40 minutes to land the catfish. Efforts were made to keep it alive for a new home in a glass tank for public display but it died several days later. According to June newspaper reports, Pruitt hoped to have it mounted and put on loan to the nearby National Great Rivers Museum in East Alton, Ill.

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    this may sum it up, maybe.

1st is record

2nd aint

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    if world records came to a vote good ol mississippi boy would get mine. looks bigger. but since he has the great memmory he's alive we wont know. hey im all for eating catfish and kill over 80-100 a year for fish frys and personal eats. and would have no problem killing a 20lb flathead for food. but even i have a line in the sand. this fish deserves to live in my book. i would have tried to get fish and game to the scene but wouldnt have drug it from the water. not after the tragic tale of the 124lb and spalsh 121lb both died in captivity. just to big and old, cant handle stress.