World record bass?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Flatheadhunter33, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen this before? I know it's kind of old news, but I fished this lake a few times when I was stationed in Cali. so I know that there are some monsters in there. A buddy of mine told me that there are rewards for record class bass. Does anyone know of rewards for record class cats?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/outdoors/20060320-1251-bn20bass.html.

2. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    its hard to tell if it will quailfy with the way he hooked it.. but i have caught a few bass around the 12lb mark with a buzz bait that they blew up on but was in the side of the head i wonder if that would count???

3. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Paraphrased from the regulations:
    "If it ain't in the mouth, it ain't caught proper."

4. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    From what the record people told the guy, They were going to consider it for the the record reguardless of how it was hooked. But the guy who caught the fish doesn't want to submit it now.

5. What a moron! To actually be in pursuit of the record then to not follow ALL of the requirements for the record to be certified. Just assinine. So what if personal considerations are that the fish not be harmed. If you want to play the game then follow all the rules otherwise just slip it back in the water and shut your mouth, it nevered happened in the grand scheme of things.
    The IGFA has a proscribed method and it was not followed here. The fish should be disallowed from consideration. JM<HO
    Personally, just for the sake of historic accuracy I would have eaten the sucker.

6. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    No matter what comes out of it. Thats still a big fish.

7. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    what is a bass?

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Bait :big_smile:

9. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    In Missouri? $135 bait.

10. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)

Actually,IGFA has a provision that allows foul hooked fish if there was no intent on snagging it,can't really say the guy was a moron,he weighed his options and passed....think he was a real stand-up guy...not a moron

He never even tried to submit it.

Speaking of morons:cat: :cat:

11. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea he decided to not submit it for record , that is why he didnt follow regulations
    that makes him not a moron at all
    he didnt want to make a contoversy over it and he still is the one to catch the world record bass so good for him i think