Working out of town...

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by SCcatfishing, Jan 27, 2010.

1. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Well since the water conditions have been bad, I asked if I can go work where I can fish.... HA yeah right...
    My work is sending me to the worst place ever... NEW YORK CITY!!! GRRRR But hey I will be back in a week or two so maybe it will be clear waters and warmer temps!!! So when I get back I will take a few days for some fishing and I will have a Monty report!!!
    Also water levels are way high, Broad river is clay red and out of the banks, yesterday I drove over santee on the 95 bridge and wow looks like a sea of mud, then went to the up state, In the town of Pelzer the water is rolling over the dam so fast you have to use your wiper to go across the bridge... It was really awesome site to see tho....

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Don't get lost in New York David. Hopefully things will get back to normal on the lakes but from the forecasts it doesn't look like it. More rain, snow, and ice this time on the way. Be safe in the big city and let us know how you do fishing when you get back.

3. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    I left New York to head to VA last night and I checked the weather to make sure it would be ok, well this storm moved north more than expected.. I'm in about 10 inches of snow at a truck stop... I-81 is close north and south due to jack knifed trucks.. So looks I will have to wait till tonight or sunday to finish my drive to Roanoke VA... I will post some pics when I get home since I can't do it from my work computer...