Worked on Boat Today

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TennesseeJugger, Nov 27, 2009.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I pourd out all the fuel and opened and flushed the carb bowls just to see if there was a water in the gas problem, replaced the fuel line and primer bulb, Put in three brand new spark plugs. Put on mouse ears turned on the water and wham! Boat fired right up. Put it in gear and gave it some gas and it was looking good. Took it out to Cumberland River at 231 boat ramp, backed in and lowered the motor. turned the key and it fired up. Put in gear and gave it some gas and nothing it cut off, tried several times and it kept cutting off under load. So I pulled the plugs and the only one that was burnt was the center one. So the top and bottom are not firing. I took it to my Boat guy Larry Hagan of Hagans boat repair and he said it is probably the power pack. He said that he had a used one that he will put on to see if that is the case and if so he would leave the used one on and the cost would be $50.00 plus labor or put on a new one for $125.00 plus labor. I told to go with the new one. He said that he should have me back in the water by next weekend..WOO-HOO!

2. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Hope he gets you going soon I'm ready to see a new video:tounge_out:

3. Well, that aint too expensive bro. Glad ya figured it out. I lost a circuit in my trigger coil this year, and had to replace it too.

Ya gonna make it a full week without the boat?:smile2: I don't know if I could.

4. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Hope you get back on the water soon!

5. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn

I do not know brother I am having withdrawls now...LOL

6. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I've got alot of broken circuits i just haven't found the right doc to fixem yet:tounge_out:

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    kEVIN ,you talking about you ,or in the boat >:wink::smile2:

8. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I'll have to admit that would be me:tounge_out:, the only problem with the boat is not enough slime in the bottom.:0a32:

9. tennesseejugger2

tennesseejugger2 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Tennesseejugger must be sufferin from boat withdrawals haven't seen him at work the last two days ( claims its the flu, but we know the truth)LOL
    Hope you get better soon ( you know I'm talking to the boat right?)

10. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn

You know who your true friends are when your boat is out of action...LOL

11. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Man I was the sickest that I have ever been in my life, it started Friday and I am still not 100% but much better.

12. festus

festus New Member

What kinds of symptoms did you have, Jugger?

13. I figured ya was love sick from missing the boat hoss!

14. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn

Well my ears have been plugged up for three weeks and it got worse and turn into a major sinus infection. I had no hearing what so ever in my left ear and then the sinus crap was draining down my throat and that caused a major infection and caused high fever and chills. temps got to 105, then wife took me to to the Hospital. My throat still feels like I drank Gas and then lit it on fire. I am on 1500 mg of Penisilin(spell check) They gave me a steroid shot and a steroid pack to take.

15. festus

festus New Member

I don't remember having a sinus infection, but have heard they're hard to get over. Hope you get better soon. Have fun with the steroids. :roll_eyes: I had to take them once for poison ivy. I got more work done around the house that week than I can ever remember. However, I don't want to have to take them ever again.

16. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I think that you are on to something there ole buddy, he is having sympothy sickness for his boat.:tounge_out: