WORK

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by boombalaty, Jun 10, 2009.

1. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Any of you guys know of some place that is hiring in the KC area? I have been out of work for 2 months now, I never would have thought it would be so difficult to find a job. I am starting to loose my mind. I have worked since I was 8 or 9 years old and I have never had so much trouble locating work. Thanks in advance!

2. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    Inventory sales co in fairfax might be. you can call jeremy (thats my brother) he is the warehouse manager they pay pretty decent and have good benefits. there number is 913-371-7009 good luck:wink:

3. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks Trevor!:wink: Woah that is a long way away lol. I live in Gardner 133 miles one way. Maybe as a last resort:embarassed:.

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    He is talking about the Fairfax District near downtown KCK, not Fairfax Missouri.

5. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Oh that works. Thanks guys!:wink:

6. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Im kind of a jack-of-all trades. I have alot of experience in 12 volt electronics and window tinting. I have also done some industrial maintenance. Im really looking for almost anything. Thanks again!

7. dog_da_catfishhunter

dog_da_catfishhunter New Member

State:
    FT RILEY KANSAS
    Hey the ARMY pays pretty decent AND you get to fish places you never dreamed of I fished the Tigris river in IRAQ!!

8. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Are you MECP certified?

9. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I think it has expired. I have been in the car audio industry for about 15 years off and on. I am especially good at building enclosures and serious fiberglass fabrication.

Army would be cool if I was single and didnt have one kid at home and one 200 miles away.

10. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Trevor, I didnt actually talk to Jeremy but they told me they wont be hiring for a few months. Thanks for trying for me!

11. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    hey jaime, howd u fare in the tigris, i fished the pond on prosperity and nothing but UGLY fish come from there.... and did ya eat any of the carp?

12. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I'll keep my ears open for you. I have a lot of freinds that own Stereo Shops I will drop them a line and see what they have to say. I did stereo stuff for 10 years with a busisness, I still do a lot of work but it is out of my garage. I have had my own shop in a way for several years now. That might be a thing to look in to for right now. I know how tough it is to be with out work, I did it for 4 months. Might look into getting a handout made and pass them out at cruise nights in the area or places in your area the cars hang out. That is what I did to get started, I did that for a while then I went to a few of the local shops and hit them up. A lot of shops as you know do not have time for a full out custom fiberglass box. so that is when I step in and do it for them. Just some ideas.

13. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ya I have been around here and it seems that most shops are pretty slow. I may just have to go stock shelves at the supermarket for a while.:sad2:

14. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    I know how you feel im in the same boat been laid off since dec. Anyone Know any jobs in missouri north of river or down to Front Street i would owe u big time lol. jack of all trades, i can run Skidsteers, backhoes not certifed to do that but i can. Done Roofing <rather not do that again> foundation repair, lawn sprinkler's installs and repairs, secptic tank installs and repairs,hang doors not so good with trim work really better at runnin a jack hammer. Since i been laid off couldnt afford a Velc but i can make my way to work as long as its in my area or down off front street since my gf and brother both work down there. If anyone can help me i owe u case's of beer :wink: just shoot me a pm msg thanks everyone GL :0a23:

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Check out bayerjobs.com Look for jobs in Mo. and Kansas.

16. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    ups in lenexa is always hireing www.upsjobs.com i think better luck getting a job if you go in there though i think

17. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    It is hard looking for a job. I bounced around from job to job for about
    ten years and finally did go crazy. Disabled/retired now. Keep on moving
    in spite of the fact that it seems hopeless. Lots of applications, daily
    legwork, just think of it like its a job sortof. Set aside two or three hrs.
    a day to running your lines as it were. Work to find work. Best of luck
    to ya. Try to keep from thinking too much about how life sucks right
    now. Gets to where you look at your kids and think badly of yourself.

18. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Triumph foods in St.Joe, mo is always hiring. alot of people come from the KC area to work here, and its not hard finding a carpool partner. I think starting pay is 11.05 for days and 11.25 for nights starting out. They employ around 2500-3000 people. There are always openings if your willing to work.