Work weekend

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Kutter, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Well, last weekend was work weekend at my deer camp. We didn't do much work around the camp, mostly worked cattle. Went out driving around just before dark Friday night, looking for deer easily seen from the farm road. Seen over fifty in that last hour. Very few bucks, and except for one, all under 8 points. That one was too close to dark to see well, but we estimated around 14 points. Harvest hasn't started yet, so that should all change once the crops get in. Right now, the Biologic planted along the edges has their eye. I do not think we saw a single doe without twins this year.

2. FastenalFishing

FastenalFishing New Member

State:
    Boiling Springs, S.C.
    Gun season started today. I killed two coyotes. 1st ones I've seen while hunting here in South Carolina.

3. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    your gun season allready started? wow we're still in the middle of bow season.... :what-big: ...john

4. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Muzzleloader starts here saturday. Cant wait.

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Kutter,harvest has started here off and on the last 30 days or so.Haven't been seeing a lot of movement,but I leave at 8 and get home at 11-12. :cursing:

About a month ago I saw a fawn with spots still?Is that unusual?
    Haven't heard of much going on with bow season,think some cooler temps will help.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    A little, but not rare. I've seen a few spots on one in mid November, once. Just late born and doubtfull if they survive the winter.

The most unusual deer I have ever seen was about 5 years ago. It was about the size of a typical fawn during november, with one exception. It had antlers, 4 or 5 if I recal. Size propertion of the deer made it look like a fawn, not just a very small deer. Hard to explain, but you know how a fawn looks all delicate, long nose, and sleek? Well, this one looked the same way. It looked in perfect health. It hadn't developed that gray look like most deer in the fall, still nice and clean with summer coat. I have seen pic's of small breeds of deer and this one didn't look nothing like them. To be honest, it didn't look like a small adult deer, it just looked like a fawn with antlers. Go figure!

No, alcohal was not involved and I wasn't on all that pain medication back then! LOL

I watched him for about 15 minutes, as he wandered within 20 ft of my stand. When he disappeared behind me, I kept turning around looking to see if I could get a glimps of him again. About the third time I turned, a nice 9 pointer was standing right where I had seen the little deer last. It caught my head movement and made me, gone in a flash.

7. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Posted by Kutter

"Go figure"
    Sorry,I failed math!
    Just can't figure out mother nature.