Work commutes

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by duxsrus, Jul 17, 2006.

1. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Just wondering what some of y'alls daily work commutes are. My work just semi-permanently transferred me to another city. So far I have been able to work one day a week locally but the rest of the week I have a 132 mile daily round trip commute. Sometimes, depending on where I have to start at, it's 183 miles round trip. With these gas prices, things are gonna get tight REAL quick. I already quit putting money in my 401K to help pay for the extra gas I'm blazing through. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed this winds up being short term.

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm lucky I drive two miles to work each way.

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I only have a 20 mile round trip to work....Real glad to since gas prices are out of control!!!

4. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    my wife comutes 30 miles a day but were moving and its gonna be 4 miles soon

5. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    50 miles one way.

I heard of one company that put its people on 4 10s to offset gas costs. I would really enjoy that.

Dennis

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Tyler with 2 miles I would be getting a bike and riden it to work, unless I had to drop my kids off or something.

I have to drive about 7 miles to drop my kids off then about 15 to work.

7. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    70 miles round trip from a small town in S/W Iowa TO Omaha Neb , worth every mile to stay out of the city , for me anyway .
    Brian

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Friday I drove about 650 miles, yesterday I drove 400 miles. What you complaining about. LMAO

Dave these gas prices suck brother, but nothing we can really do. Just grin and bear it unfortunatly. :angry:

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Let's see... it must be 20 feet from the recliner to the computer... but if I take the scenic route past the fridge, that adds another 10 feet...:lol:

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    LMAO - Now that's funny! Rep for that one!
    My round trip to work is 46 miles.

11. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I so wish... I got to thinking not long ago, if the military had let me join when I turned 18 I would already be eligible for retirement.

As it is, I drive 70 miles round trip. I could live closer, but a 3 bedroom house (furnished) for $300 a month can't be beat. But then again, I take care of the owners' cats too.

12. Shortarms

Shortarms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    130 miles a day. I work in the city and live in the country. I refuse to live in the city and can't earn enough in the country to pay the bills.

13. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I don't drive that far anymore. I was lucky to find a job close to home. I used to drive 40 miles one way and in horrible traffic in Dallas. No traffic anymore, thank goodness.

14. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Well mine is not that long but then again the trip from nice and relaxed to high blood pressure and total he&& is about 17 miles one way.

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    it's about 50 feet from my house to my shop:smile2:

16. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I drive my personal truck about 14miles one way to get my work truck. then I drive about 40 miles one way to where I work except on Wednesday I drive 60 miles one way to another store. The company I work for pays for the gas thank God. Bad part about it is that I don't have air and there are alot of times that I'm sitting in traffic.

17. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I know what your situation is. You're in a world of your own as far as gas consumption.:eek:oooh:

I'm just not prepared for my gas consumption to jump to 3-4 times what it used to be per month. Today I asked my boss if I could take my work truck home and use it for commuting and he shot me down. :angry: Might be time to start looking elsewhere.

18. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    About 46 miles round trip.