Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well I replied to this thread 4 years ago, I might as well reply again. Thanks for bringing it back from the dead @puritmpgonf

My Danner Quarry’s made it 4 years. They were still going strong but I decided to throw in the towel for a new pair, as my yearly allowance was due. I was going to let the new ones wait a bit and wear the old ones some more as they still had plenty of life left in them, but I decided life is to short, and tossed them. I have plenty of new pairs of other boots I’ll never wear.

As far as the Redwings go, I used to love the 4200 model. Still do, but they aren’t what they used to be. They don’t last even a year now and the soles are worn through. My 4 year old Danners were showing wear and were flat spotted in spots, but a long ways from wearing through yet. Redwings have went downhill.

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,463 Posts
Sitting all day, driving, I didn't really need work boots. So, I wore combat boots in Winter.
A few years ago, I found some shoes that are hard toed (not steel, but some sort of protective material). Twisted X by brand name.
The pair I have now were bought 7 years ago, and still have a few years in them.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I believe most of the Red Wing boots and shoes are made in China now one of the main reasons I quit buying them yes some are still made in the USA but to me paying $250 and up for a pair of boots that will last you 3 years at best not worth it I spend that much on a fishing reel it's an heirloom

21 - 24 of 24 Posts